Home

Seriously, whats all the fuss about?

This is a discussion on Seriously, whats all the fuss about? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Seriously, whats all the fuss about?

This whole "suckered into buying Madden" thing cracks me up...you never mentioned who was holding the gun to your head when you bought it. I guess you didn't see the tons of videos that they released or the screenshots or the list of what was new or even waited for at least a day or two for the reviews (or glitches) to start coming in. What more could you want for a preview? A demo? Oh ya...they released that too.

Just take some responsibility for your action and please don't blame it all on the manufacturer.

This year, try something new...wait a few days, wait for the reviews/bugs, play the demo...and if you don't like what you see, don't buy it. It's really that simple.

Ian has risked his sanity and a few years off of his life to listen to us schmoes....you can be assured that it's definitely moving in the right direction.

p.s. I actually skipped last years madden on the 360 and bought it for the pc instead. Best football game I've ever played, you should really give it a shot (low spec requirements too). This year I'll wait a week or so before deciding on the 360 version or to keep playing last years version on the pc.

Last edited by davep; 06-30-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #26
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
This whole "suckered into buying Madden" thing cracks me up...you never mentioned who was holding the gun to your head when you bought it. I guess you didn't see the tons of videos that they released or the screenshots or the list of what was new or even waited for at least a day or two for the reviews (or glitches) to start coming in. What more could you want for a preview? A demo? Oh ya...they released that too.

Just take some responsibility for your action and please don't blame it all on the manufacturer.

This year, try something new...wait a few days, wait for the reviews/bugs, play the demo...and if you don't like what you see, don't buy it. It's really that simple.

Ian has risked his sanity and a few years off of his life to listen to us schmoes....you can be assured that it's definitely moving in the right direction.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #27
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

No offense meant to the OP but....if a person has any doubts about the game, rent it first. For a $3 investment you can pretty much find out if the game is worth buying. Renting kinda takes the excitement of the moment out of it, but can save you some cash.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #28
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm not buying Madden again...I hate that I'm even saying that b/c I won't have an NFL game as much as I want one.

I bought Madden last year after taking a 4-5 year hiatus from Madden, and felt like I had been duped again. It just didnt play well on the field, the atmosphere(crowd) was boring. I hated the pause it took to show the scoreboard everytime after a first down, I hated the rocket noise it made on long passes, I hated the radio announcer. Believe it or not, that stuff makes a HUGE difference.

There were good things with the animations, and other stuff, but that's about it. I never eevn started a season or a franchise.

EA I WANT to give you my money...I really do!!!! But only for a game I feel is worth it.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #29
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I've noticed that you are usually quite critical on these forums. I wanted to ask, can you give me an idea of what feature set would make you say that there WAS a leap in the game? I'm not saying this year is a leap or a baby step one way or the other...but when Madden 2010 drops, what features would you like to read in a bulleted list that would make you think differently from what you do now?

I'm just curious...not trying to put you on the spot. Helps us plan for next year...
Im critical of everything, I like to nit-pick its just my nature.
But heres the thing, to me theres no 'feature' in and of itself thats going to be a big 'leap' . the only thing that springs to mind is a online franchise, and thats already being done to some extent in NCAA.
As for what I would like to see bulleted on the back of Madden '10,
  • Sim Mode
and everything that entails.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Im critical of everything, I like to nit-pick its just my nature.
But heres the thing, to me theres no 'feature' in and of itself thats going to be a big 'leap' . the only thing that springs to mind is a online franchise, and thats already being done to some extent in NCAA.
As for what I would like to see bulleted on the back of Madden '10,
  • Sim Mode
and everything that entails.
Seriously? So a sim/default/arcade mode selection and online Franchise...and you'll be a superfan?

Sounds easy enough. :-)
Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #31
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

I'd say that the fuss isn't as much about the game as it is about the ea devs coming to the boards.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #32
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep

p.s. I actually skipped last years madden on the 360 and bought it for the pc instead. Best football game I've ever played, you should really give it a shot (low spec requirements too). This year I'll wait a week or so before deciding on the 360 version or to keep playing last years version on the pc.
Well, believe me or not, i did actually get my hands on a copy from a friend that works at a gamestop. When his UPS truck came in that afternoon that brought the game, his manager did let him take the game early. I went over and played it with him untill my traditional time of 9pm to go out and wait till midnight. Then knowing i liked the game, like how it played and looked i felt it was good enough to spend $60. I mean the franchise at the time played fine, we went through 5 seasons and i didnt notice any problems. Once i bought it and got through 6 years, then i noticed the problems right around the same time everyone else did too.

So, you could say i should take more responsibilty for my actions, but shouldnt EA and there employees take more responsibilty for the product they release? Its like saying the Dodge motor company releases a car without saftey belts, i know that sounds crazy but saftey belts are important...just like franchise is important to me.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »