Home

4 years in, is next gen football where you thought it would be.

This is a discussion on 4 years in, is next gen football where you thought it would be. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #297
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: 4 years in, is next gen football where you thought it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubz
Then Why buy the ESPN liscence? for radio shows in between games?
To keep it away from competitors that know how to use it and use it well. What a waste, it makes me upset when I remember EA buying this and people saying it would be a great thing. They have done next to nothing with it. I think this was a case if you can't match others, you buy it, and lock it up, and throw away the key.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubz
When I win the Super Bowl I should feel like I won the Super bowl, and not game 7 of the season. Give me presentation. Why did EA buy the ESPN liscence in the first place? I thought it was so they could give me some presentation. I hate to mention 2K5, but that last gen console game had a halftime show, a weekly sports center, a recruiting show, and halftime highlights with Chris Berman. Give me that, and some good gameplay, and I'll be a Madden fan forever.
Yeah, 2K5 had it all...in MY opinion, best football game EVER.

Chris Berman, weekly Sportscenter, Half-time shows...made you feel like you were playing a REAL football game...why in the HELL can't Madden implement that?

#1 Too lazy

#2 EA is just no good at it.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #299
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
No.

We shouldn't still be talking about referees, in-game saves, accurate uniforms, defensive assignments, and presentation. We should be beyond that.
ExACTly. I couldn't have said it better. We shouldn't even be having conversations about these issues at this point. There is no excuse.

Now, sure, EA will still get their money. But the people behind it, the actual workers and developers, will have to live with the shame of a half-@ssed product and being thought of as lazy failures until they get it right. Hopefully 09 gets some of it right (course, we all ready know the uniforms still aren't right = NO EXCUSE FOR THAT AT ALL. It take TWO MINUTES to look at a current uniform or throw back and see that what you've made isn't right. TWO FREAKIN MINUTES. If they'd spend TWO MINUTES looking BEFORE they program everything, this problem would be solved and we wouldn't be talking about it. NO EXCUSE. )

Last edited by 94niners; 07-18-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:40 AM   #300
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think I'm going to chime in now.

I'm a bit confused by the people who say "EA has been listening" and "making a game for us, by us." How? Fans have been pleading for ESPN integration, better presentation, better linebacker play, and all sorts of other features for years without any changes. Every year we get gimmicks that are usually for casual gamers. It is incredibly frustrating.

I think many people are pissed off about the current football situation because NFL 2K6 would have probably built on the best football game of all time, NFL 2K5.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #301
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

Ive stated this before but Ill say it again. Madden 09 has alot of promise, after 4 years now I can finally say that im looking forward to a next gen madden....So it took 4 years, now I dont have the exact time but it seems like within 5-7 years we have a new console coming out. So what happens when the NEXT-NEXT GEN console comes out? do we wait another 4-5 years for the developers to learn the power of the systems? So that means another 4-5 years of Feature stripped madden's and ncaa's..Hopefully Microsoft and Sony stop this trend and let the 360 and especially the ps3 live....Im a huge xbox fan but I think ps3 has caught up significantly to the 360 recently and can only get better....I read a article in some gaming magazine stating that 3rd party developers still havent figured out how to utilize the cell processor in the ps3 and the blu-ray size capabilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »