Home

4 years in, is next gen football where you thought it would be.

This is a discussion on 4 years in, is next gen football where you thought it would be. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #273
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: 4 years in, is next gen football where you thought it would be.

Yes it's been fairly dissapointing but I've had fun moments with football titles this year.Thank god for NBA 2k series though to get me through the rough football times,After playing NCAA 09 demo I honestly felt the same way when 2K won me over Live in NBA 2k7
Old 07-12-2008, 01:08 AM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 2

I really hope that my assessment of this situation is dead wrong but just looking at the logistics involved; I don't see it playing out that way.

I think it's extremely unlikely that we’ll see these promised wholesale changes coming to fruition. Especially with the existing "crank'em out every year" model.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #275
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28

not its not. for all the people who dont like Madden, we get it. every next game has been ****. we still dont have key features from last gen, u feel 2K5 is still the best football game. quit bashing the game and come up with some constructive criticism (sp?). help make the game better!

we all spend money on things that end up not fulfilling our needs. cars, clothes, food, houses/apartments, girlfriends, an so on. trust me, compared to what those things can pile up $60 bucks aint s***!
You went completely overboard. He was in no way, with that post, attacking Madden. He was stating his opinion and quite frankly I agree with him in that manner. The only thing that I would say different then him is that I think, for those who feel "cheated" by the next gen Madden's thus far, instead of saying "negative comments seem fair", I would've said that "skepticism seems fair" but they are both saying the same thing.

I like Madden. But even I haven't been as excited or happy when playing a next gen Madden as opposed to playing the last gen games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #276
Pro

OVR: 11

In a simple reply. No. Fallen way short of expectations. This is the kind of sports..and I can honestly say is far behind NBA 2k8, The Show, MVP 05, Madden 04 or 05 on the old systems, and even possibly NHL 08...

WE ARE TALKING FOOTBALL FOLKS. This should be the best game of them all...it has fallen on its face.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #277
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

If you would have asked the question "Is next Gen where it SHOULD be" I would probably be echoing the sentiments of many of these posters. The more I think about it, however, the more I think my answer to this question is "yes." It's actually right about where I expected it. The fact is, the many of us who post here wanting a "next-gen/sim-like/ultra-realistic" football game, do not outweigh the general public's primary concern as it relates to next-gen...graphics. If you look at Madden 08 compared to last gen football titles, it is miles ahead graphically (not necessarily animation wise, but overall). This is really what stands out to most people. I can honestly say that I haven't met one person (outside of forums like these and some of my friends, of course) that have said "ooh, I hope the blocking schemes will be better in..." It's always, "Ooh, the graphics look tight in 08, I've gotta pick that up." unfortunately, with the PS3 and 360 (even more than previous "next-gen" upgrades) Graphics are the hyped feature.

So, my short answer is, yes, it's where I thought it would be. But no, it's not where it SHOULD be.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #278
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
This is not a 2k5 issue because the best football game from last gen IMO was NCAA 2004. I've been on this board from the beginning and most gamers has given constructive criticism. I didn't say 60 bucks, I said 180 bucks (3 next gen Madden) and gamers should be upset with a product that struggle to deliver. Madden last I check isn't free ware we download from filehippo. The forums are the best place to vent and I think it is fair for some to vent.

This thread isn't a wish list thread but a "4 years in" thread.

Peace
Now that i dont agree with. there have been some but most of it is not. there is nothing wrong with venting, but follow it up with something constructive.

well most people on here refer to 2k5 as the best football game ever so thats what i was refering to. n
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 07-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #279
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You went completely overboard. He was in no way, with that post, attacking Madden. He was stating his opinion and quite frankly I agree with him in that manner. The only thing that I would say different then him is that I think, for those who feel "cheated" by the next gen Madden's thus far, instead of saying "negative comments seem fair", I would've said that "skepticism seems fair" but they are both saying the same thing.

I like Madden. But even I haven't been as excited or happy when playing a next gen Madden as opposed to playing the last gen games.
no i didnt. i really wasnt referring to him but using his comment to make a statement about how alot of people on here feel about purchasing Madden every year.

i wasnt happy with 08 either, but you probably wouldnt guess that cuz i dont try and criticize it every chance i get.
Quote:

lol
Old 07-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #280
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
Yes it's been fairly dissapointing but I've had fun moments with football titles this year.Thank god for NBA 2k series though to get me through the rough football times,After playing NCAA 09 demo I honestly felt the same way when 2K won me over Live in NBA 2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
In a simple reply. No. Fallen way short of expectations. This is the kind of sports..and I can honestly say is far behind NBA 2k8, The Show, MVP 05, Madden 04 or 05 on the old systems, and even possibly NHL 08...

WE ARE TALKING FOOTBALL FOLKS. This should be the best game of them all...it has fallen on its face.

i agree. Madden is far behind NBA 2K8 and THE SHOW.
Quote:

lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »