Home

New GT Vid:Big Play Gameplay

This is a discussion on New GT Vid:Big Play Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New GT Vid:Big Play Gameplay

Hi Ian,

To be honest I like the direction, even though I feel because of the core sit will never reach the expectation I have for it. With that being said, I am certain that if you and your team or what ever team can concentrate on improving the presentation, a lot of the short falls will be mitigated. This is an area that I don't understand why it is not exploited more to your advantage, it can't be as hard as changing the core fundamentals of the game. A slick interactive game presentation would be a huge uplift to Madden, whether it is ESPN or something else. I have not really read a good answer from anyone on why exactly Madden lacks this direction, or maybe it is slated to be implemented and I just missed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #42
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Madden is going to be really good this year....

Nice work Ian and co.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 13

I have said it before and I will say it again, these videos are an absolute waste of time!!! They play from angles you never see while playing the game. I have serious doubts about them being actual "gameplay shots" and even if they are I would be suprised if they were not "touched up" after capture to make them look better.

The gameplay in NCAA 09 is still way behind "legacy gen" in terms of smoothness. The issues with NCAA 09 have really tempered my enthusiasm for Madden back down to a "sliver of hope" that it won't be a complete piece of garbage. I have been a yo-yo this year, they get my hyped, then I get a glimpse of reality and it don't look so good.

These videos actually piss me off! They give you absolutely no indication of what is what!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #44
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
I think they are slowly moving away from the arcadey jukes and spins and more towards setting up your man and then executing a juke. At least, thats what EA is saying and for the last couple months they have been pretty true to their word.
Away? Chaining moves together like that is new for this year.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 14

Are there any "in stride" catches, where the receiver doesn't jump and lose speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
100% correct...we have been using the same IK system for a long time, and it's VERY limited. Notice anytime you pitch while being tackled...the guy's arm just goes STRAIGHT out and doesn't really look realistic at all. For DB's in coverage this year I actually made the call to remove our old system altogether because it just looked so terrible compared to the visual quality of the rest of the animation. Now that we have HumanIK running on all of our players (which is what gives us the dynamic footplant technology), we really want to take advantage and use that version of IK all over the place. Most of the other EA Sports games are using it now (they call it procedural awareness) so we are definitely looking to steal it soon. Here is the original demo video when NBA Live was talking about putting it in (not running real time or anything...just a target video)...you can see it in the first part:

Thanks. I appreciate the explanation instead of just ignoring it.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #47
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
The animations are so poor, the running looks like treadmill running, and the hesitation without looking back(headtracking) to catch the ball is so ridiculous watch that diving catch the whole sequence, the running and the anticipatory diving catch.

GAHbige animation.
Funny coming from someone who took the name of a game from which every tackle we've seen is someone launching himself at the player's head, something that I don't think I've ever seen on Sundays.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:29 PM   #48
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Pretty impressed with what I see...Just gotta fix those ugly *** QB dropbacks. I've been on Ian and Co. since Madden '07 about this. Not sure he remembers me but I sent the comparison pictures over @ maddenmania.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »