Home

New info, rookie draft, super bowl, award winners, etc

This is a discussion on New info, rookie draft, super bowl, award winners, etc within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #25
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: New info, rookie draft, super bowl, award winners, etc

Pretty godo writeup, good to see some things spelled out.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Pretty godo writeup, good to see some things spelled out.
Yeah, I just hate how every year we get general write-ups....it's good to see everything spelled out.

Also, I'm glad big name players will end up in Free Agency too...I just find it a little odd that both Johnson and Housh were both on the list. Of course, I don't know what happened during the season (trades, etc.) so maybe there's a good reason for it.

I'm also looking forward to the possibilities that some superstars can come from the draft...makes it exciting....maybe if Tebow's rating was just a little lower....maybe 87 or 88, it might be better. Unless he is of course the second-coming, which no one knows yet. Maybe he will be that god in the NFL.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #27
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

In all honesty, I would much rather see a bunch of these top 15/First Round choices come into the league with high overalls, rather than some of the crappy overalls we've seen in recent years. It at least make some of them worth having off the bat, and able to make a difference in year one of their NFL careers.

Plus, unless they have at least made progression for once worth a crap, these high overalls are going to onyl help us in having decent rookies and young NFL players for once.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #28
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Last year's "import draft class" feature was a mixed bag. For example, I drafted Colt Brennan in the first round, who was previously a 97 in NCAA 08. In Madden, Brennan was only a 75, while lower rated players in NCAA 08 like Brian Brohm were rated 10 to 15 points higher.

On the other hand, Early Doucet, who was drafted in the third round in this year's real NFL draft, was an astronomical 91 overall in my Madden 08 draft. I think it all depends on certain attributes of players and what Madden interprets as a player's rating in the pros.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Last year's "import draft class" feature was a mixed bag. For example, I drafted Colt Brennan in the first round, who was previously a 97 in NCAA 08. In Madden, Brennan was only a 75, while lower rated players in NCAA 08 like Brian Brohm were rated 10 to 15 points higher.

On the other hand, Early Doucet, who was drafted in the third round in this year's real NFL draft, was an astronomical 91 overall in my Madden 08 draft. I think it all depends on certain attributes of players and what Madden interprets as a player's rating in the pros.
Yeah, completely true man. I only wish we knew what those attributes were...you know, the ones that help make a player better in the NFL. It would be nice.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #30
Rookie

rallew's Arena

OVR: 2

I think it could be fun to watch how the rookies do in a 2nd season sim, both imported and generated draft classes.

Also try and do a draft afterwards, perhaps with a second imported draft class and see if the cpu is still ********.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Its one simulation. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Uhhh...considering that is how most, if not all the draft's in last year's version turned out, I think it's pretty obvious it' is going to be the same garbage for this year's franchise.

It's utterly laughable having five Quarterbacks drafted in the first five picks. It's like no one even bothers testing this game before it goes gold.

Last edited by Revelation; 08-06-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King LeJon #23
How is James Laurinitis not picked in the 1st round?
He only showed the top 15 picks, dinglenuts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »