Home

EA sees the community fighting back!!!

This is a discussion on EA sees the community fighting back!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 12:36 AM   #25
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: EA sees the community fighting back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Ah, but it ain't as easy as we'd think, either. You ever try debugging or writing code? As much as we'd like to romanticize it or make them seem like kings on a throne throwing crumbs to us the peasants, it's a job just like any else. Ever read about the lawsuit? For unpaid OT? The long hours, etc. I'm not saying that Ian has to bust his back like I do for a living, but each job has it's own drawbacks and stressors. Even wading into the Lion's Den here with "SliderGate" is something I can respect. How would you like the last year of your life's work demeaned and disected?

The irony is, most of us in our internet anonymity don't have to deal with that. Anyone who chooses to let themselves be judged for the good of what they are trying to accomplish for good is cool with me. Call me fanboy, whatever. If I'm a fanboy of anything, it's Ian. I'd have lost my cool a long time ago. Just being real. But Ian keeps coming back for more. I wasn't trying so much to portray sympathy, I was trying to show some respect for the job they have and the job they are doing. Even in facing the pressures of expectation that come with Madden, and having to deliver the goods with no latitude for the "off year." So you can continue to snipe away, I don't care.

To "keep it real" once again: you, me and all of the others on this board are minute in comparison to all the millions who will buy this game. But our opinions are being heard and might have a positive impact on this game moving forward. So I think I'll spend my time working on that. Ya'll have fun being sarcastic and feeling your "righteous indignation."
Nicely said, i think the guys that we get upset with sometimes can only do so much. They have bosses to answer to just like we all do, unless you're lucky enough to be your own boss. The probably have a certain amount of control but when it comes down to the bottom line the finished product is more the vision of the higher ups than the guys making it. Especially for a big company like that. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #26
Banned

DannyMac910's Arena

OVR: 10

I was convinced I was going to buy this game the other day. Then I picked up NFL 2K5 and realized that I don't need it. I'll just wait for Head Coach.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustSatellite
I think this has more to do with people being more cautious in today's economy then it has to do with people just not buying the game because they are fed up.

Let me say, so I don't get bashed, that I am not saying the games over the past few years were perfect games...
That would only be believable if Grand Theft Auto didnt murderlize every record out there. I dont think it has anythign to do with the Economy especially on video games. If you make a good game year in and year out, people will buy it without hesitating.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:50 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Who the hell pre orders anymore...and the fact that people get their games way before the street date accounts for a lot

i had the game for a week and there were like 400 heads on line already

madden sales may have taken a slight hit and that is mainly due to pricing on the consoles and games going to 60 bucks

but madden makes a lot of money every year....i am sure they are not about to go broke....there are a lot more people who enjoy the game then there are who buy it to just look for bad things
Old 08-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
That would only be believable if Grand Theft Auto didnt murderlize every record out there.

I thought this was a good point. In my *personal* opinion (and this is not the opinion of EA and it's subsidiaries - I love doing disclaimers now), the video game industry is nearly recession proof. Seems like the more expensive "life" is - gas, travel, etc - the more people just stay in and buy games. I remember 9/11 was really crazy in that respect - I was just a tester but the numbers for games didn't seem to slip at all while the rest of the economy came to a crashing halt.

But what do I know really...I dropped Economics like a bad habit.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:12 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I thought this was a good point. In my *personal* opinion (and this is not the opinion of EA and it's subsidiaries - I love doing disclaimers now), the video game industry is nearly recession proof. Seems like the more expensive "life" is - gas, travel, etc - the more people just stay in and buy games. I remember 9/11 was really crazy in that respect - I was just a tester but the numbers for games didn't seem to slip at all while the rest of the economy came to a crashing halt.

I know sometimes i am hard on EA, but i just want their quality to go up. You dont know how bad i feel like going out and buying the game, but every year i gotta tell myself, dont be a DA let them make the game better. I see strides, but i just cannot justify a 60 dollar purchase on that. Maybe i can play it from a friend or something. lol

Anyways, i hope you all can get the game playing better for the hard core sim gamers like myself. Maybe one day.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:23 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Gameplay is EA Cryptonight when (EA) reads the feeback only the features is important to them and its funny when they put a wishlist on the thread every year and blackout the gameplay and when question they reply saying the will work on it next year so we all know about the current gen features not in next gen drama ect... I just read n the nba live 09 thread that that they will not have tip dunks this year wow!

NCAA09: NO PASH RUSH

MADDEN09:THEY ARE JUST INVESTGATING THE CPU SLIDERS NO PROMISIES THERE BUDDY

NBA LIVE 09: NO TIP DUNKS

SOMEBODY PLEASE HIRE MIKE DIKA SO HE CAN DO A HARBAUGH ON THOSE EA TESTERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 05:18 AM   #32
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

As a political science major with a minor in Econ, I'll just say that the demise of the American economy has been greatly exaggerated.

Three factors... 1.) Sensationalist Media, 2.) Media are broadcasters/writers, not economists, and 3.) It's an election year... contribute to the fact that every economic "indicator" that points south is trumpeted from the peaks and blown 200% out of proportion.

Our economy is down from where it's been the past 10 years... but it's far from bad.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »