Home

Don't forget to manually break tackles!

This is a discussion on Don't forget to manually break tackles! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Don't forget to manually break tackles!

How do you break online lobby freezes on the Ps3?
Do I need to juke, spin or truck?
Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoore
me too im playing with the colts and running out of a one back set is next to impossible...after reading this thread im going to take the no sprint suggestion...also to you repeatly hit the stiff arm button to break or do you just hold it down...(sounds like a dumb question...i know..but i layed off of madden for years because it sucked)
Trust me buddy...I've been sprinting as soon as my RB gets the ball since I can remember so it was difficult for me to believe what people were saying. Last night I started laying off the sprint button when my RB is in the backfield and they are right. Not only do you have more control of the RB but those holes will develop. You won't get a break-a-way run every time but you can get 3-5 yards and eventually you'll pop a good one. As far as the buttons I repeatedly hit the stiff arm, spin, and highlight stick to break tackles. Go to practice mode like I did and you'll get the hang of it. I like it a lot!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #35
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
How do you break online lobby freezes on the Ps3?
Do I need to juke, spin or truck?
Turbo the PS3 to your trash can, lateral, spin away and press the Y button to pick up a 360.

Quote:
So do you have to repeatedly tap the button or just hit it once at the correct moment?

Also, as a defender how to can you combat this? Can you tap your tackle button or does holding it help? Actually what is all the differences between the tackles - there is an X and A and a bunch of directions on the hit stick. What is on the hit stick ? Do you just tap or tapp tap tap or hold? A to strip but it seems like an ineffective tackle that rarely strips the ball - do you have to tap it quickly or what to get a strip?
1. I think you just hit it at the correct moment, as soon as the defender engages you. If you take the madden test, let the defender get close enough to wrap you up, then press the corresponding button above your head and you'll break it.

2. I don't think there's a defensive counter to it. X tackle is a dive tackle. A is a strip and no, it's not very effect and it shouldn't be. It results in a lot of missed tackles or facemask calls. You only have to hit it once right when you're about to engage or you can hold it while you run toward the ball carrier.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #36
Banned

DannyMac910's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anim8or
It's not that they can't, it's just if you know your back and do power/vs elusive moves you will end up more successful.
I won't say anything bad about you, considering the animation is is top notch this year. Good job.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Turbo the PS3 to your trash can, lateral, spin away and press the Y button to pick up a 360.
I have a 360 and will likely own a cross-console game freezer in a couple of days.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #38
Strategy

OVR: 36

this has been a great/informative thread, thanks for starting this Ian.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #39
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperLantern
Well, use common sense. X dives, and you never see a ball carrier "dive" out of a tackle, right trigger is just a speed boost, doesn't help you post-contact. So yeah I think those are the only three, but the things you can do when you combine those make it so amazing!
X is stiff arm. Square is dive. Unless your talking about 360 and that's different.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:25 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-en
this has been a great/informative thread, thanks for starting this Ian.
Yes, because of this thread my Madden I.Q. has raised substantially.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »