Home

Madden 09 Freezing Issues

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Freezing Issues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Concerned gamer: 1st Game FREEZE

Yeah it seems like a large issue, which is sometimes better than a little one that they can "just get to"

This one HAS to be fixed, promptly.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #34
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

You guys are all freezing at different points though....that may make it hard, or impossible for them to fix if there is no rhyme or reason for it.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #35
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

OVR: 13

played 1st quarter of Madden 93 and decided to quit, then the screen went black, music playing, but could turn off my system (PS3) for about 30 seconds. i ejected the disc and haven't put it back in. this sux.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #36
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

All I know out of 10 games, it froze in all 10. Sometimes in the 1st quarter, but mainly in the 2nd half. Try to go online and it freezes everytime. Dsiconnected from the internet and it still freezes.

It's like a PS3 conspiracy or something.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

If this is a legitimate issue, I hope those people complaining about high completion %, wrong color socks, player progression etc. are listening. THIS is a game-killer, as in it actually prevents you from playing the game.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #38
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_BE
If this is a legitimate issue, I hope those people complaining about high completion %, wrong color socks, player progression etc. are listening. THIS is a game-killer, as in it actually prevents you from playing the game.
Ahh...some sense...lol. Game-killer is the most overused term on this site IMO, but you're right, if you can't play...well, it's pretty obvious. I haven't had it happen to me yet (rented today and played 4 "play now" games, varied conditions, no issues), but it sure seems to be a problem for several people. Are most people getting it in franchise? Anyway, hopefully Ian and co. can find the cause.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 7

Another pre-season franchise freeze here. Was about to go to play selection when the screen locked up...sound continued but couldn't do anything but quit to the PS3 XMB.

Ya know, I didn't complain about the progression, draft AI, etc....but this is really annoying. This is a legitimate "game killer" as the previous posts said. This isn't fun...
Old 08-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Also had the freeze on the ps3 today. Happened in my first pre-season game with the play selection screen up and I could do nothing. I could here the game in the background. I couldn't even quit the game or return to xmb with the controller. I had to turn off the ps3 and restart to be able to eject the disk.

My first thought was it was because I was connected to EA after getting the roster update since I couldn't find a "sign out" option. FWIW I played four games while not connected to EA and had no freezes.

Hopefully EA is taking note of this on the different boards and will be getting out a fix ASAP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »