Home

Thank GOD for the community!!!

This is a discussion on Thank GOD for the community!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #9
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Thank GOD for the community!!!

Two points I would like to make. First, there is a huge difference between the two types of Madden gamers. There are casual gamers who accept the game for what the finished product is and just try to have fun playing it. Then there are the die hard gamers, the hardcore if you will. We expect Madden to play like real life and won't settle for anything less.

That brings me to my second point. Why are the hardcore Madden gamers that way, and expect so much? Have you ever thought that EA has made us this way? Don't they constantly advertise how Madden is the most realistic video football game series ever? Don't they push and over hype every year all the new features and how much better an upcoming Madden game is going to be? What I am trying to say is that we expect EA to give us a game with everything that they have advertised about it and promised, and when it doesn't work like they said it was going to, or worse yet if it is released unfinished and broken, then we have every right in the world to complain as much as we want on this site and every other site that we belong to, plus to our family and friends.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

madden is fun to play
Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #11
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
Two points I would like to make. First, there is a huge difference between the two types of Madden gamers. There are casual gamers who accept the game for what the finished product is and just try to have fun playing it. Then there are the die hard gamers, the hardcore if you will. We expect Madden to play like real life and won't settle for anything less.
No video game is going to play like real life, ever. No football game ever released, even 2K5, can be considered to actually play like real life. Madden certainly has never been close so I don't know why certain gamers expect it to play like real life. They are computer simulations of a real life sport and that's all they will ever be.

I don't know when it exactly happened, maybe in the middle of last gen about 3-4 years ago but all of a sudden the "hardcore" gamers started whining about realism about every tiny aspect of a game as if we used to have such great realism on PSOne or further back.

We've never had it and we never will, if you "won't settle for anything less" then you might as well give up on sports games.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

This sounds an awful lot like another impressions thread...and since we already have one, I'll lock this up.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »