Home

Alright, tips for pass defense?

This is a discussion on Alright, tips for pass defense? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Alright, tips for pass defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
A lot of times my frigan back is BEHIND their assignment allowing the WR an easy catch, that kind of stuff just really ticks me off.
Play a lot of Man and Cover 2, 3, etc. The zone issue isn't as bad as in NCAA09 but it's still not that sharp.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Ya, last game I had the dolphins throwing into double coverage on me and making it almost all the time. The CPU completion percentage basically makes me just want to roll over and die. Somehow I manage to keep the CPU under about 10 if i'm lucky but boyyyyyyyy do they put on a show getting those 10 points.........
Old 08-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just played against the Bills and Losman had a 15-27 game, 2 TDs and 1 INT. Sounds good, but still there seemed to be a lot of moments where my defensive backs just stand around waiting for the ball to be caught.

There seem to be a lot of quick stops and turn arounds, and I realize that your average defensive back doesn't have the ability to realize this, but when the ball is slowly floating towards a receiver, stick your hand in there and atleast try to disrupt the play.

I don't think a simple patch to the QB's accuracy is going to help, it's mainly the DB's. Although to be honest I haven't seen many plays where the ball just misses the receiver, usually an incompletion is caused by a drop or a big hit. Or an INT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
Banned

dude why are yall whinning about how good the cpu complete passes.... do you want a challenge or do u want to beat the cpu in the dirt. In that case, if u want to beat the cpu in the dirt but in ncaa 09 and run option all day because i love the challenge in stopping the cpu on madden just get ur stick skills better ROOKIE. LMAO
Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #13
Banned

if u was an all madden veteran u wouldn't be asking for tips. LOL. so that means u not a veteran.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I thought the same thing, played as the Texans vs. Rams just to mess around and was getting torched, played on All-Pro and was thinking, holy ___, I need to get guud fast. Donnie Avery who is below scrubville of 80 rating was just destroyin me. I could hold down Holt via Dunta Robinson and Bennett had his hands full going against, well, Bennett..lol But Avery with his speed was killing my 3rd CB and the safeties could never catch on and read what Bulger was doing. Also, I thought that the Rams were runnig a ton of 4 WR and 5 WR sets, even a little too many at one point. And I was winning but by 10 points in the beginning of the 3rd.

What kind of defenses do you guys use against 4+ WR sets? I have trouble and I seem to only call Dime defenses because I don't want to be without both my DTs so that Mario can have the LG occupied instead of being doubled. What do you guys call when playin against for sure passing formations?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsus8091
I thought the same thing, played as the Texans vs. Rams just to mess around and was getting torched, played on All-Pro and was thinking, holy ___, I need to get guud fast. Donnie Avery who is below scrubville of 80 rating was just destroyin me. I could hold down Holt via Dunta Robinson and Bennett had his hands full going against, well, Bennett..lol But Avery with his speed was killing my 3rd CB and the safeties could never catch on and read what Bulger was doing. Also, I thought that the Rams were runnig a ton of 4 WR and 5 WR sets, even a little too many at one point. And I was winning but by 10 points in the beginning of the 3rd.

What kind of defenses do you guys use against 4+ WR sets? I have trouble and I seem to only call Dime defenses because I don't want to be without both my DTs so that Mario can have the LG occupied instead of being doubled. What do you guys call when playin against for sure passing formations?
When I KNOW it's going to be a pass I typically run a Cover 3 and stuff a LOT of linebackers in the backfield to try and cover up the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
The patch that's supposed to come out in the next few days is supposed to fix QB arm accuracy.
the patch to tune QB accuarcy isn't due until mid-September at the earliest.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »