Home

Not being able to get sacks is a game killer!!

This is a discussion on Not being able to get sacks is a game killer!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Not being able to get sacks is a game killer!!

I don't get sacks with the Niners, but then again the Niners don't get sacks The QB's are pretty damn good in this one, but not as bad as NCAA IMO.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #18
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I control the FS 99% of the time, so the CPU is the one breaking blocks and going for the sacks.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

im not having any problem
Old 08-15-2008, 09:47 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

I played with the Eagles vs. the Rams and get stonewalled by Orlando Pace. Next game, three sacks in the first half with Trent Cole. What I like is you don't have to control the player that's getting the sack. I like to take the DT and stunt him toward the OT often freeing up the DE or OLB to get the sack.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #21
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Most of my sacks are coming when I control one of the outside line backers. The CPU will block the LB I'm controlling and then a DE will get free for the sack, so my A.I. is getting the sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

No sacks through 2 games with the Skins. I'll try some of what you all are doing. Seems it's feast or famine with this game this year. Some can run the ball, some can't. Some get sacks, some can't.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Old 08-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #23
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
This part of the game is seriously broken. At first I thought it was a defensive-offensive line issue. But then I put the pass rush slider all the way up wich does create more pressure on the QB but it dosen't create more sacks. It just makes the CPU QB get rid of the ball quicker resulting in more short passes and dumpoffs. I'm now positive this is an issue with how the CPU QB's A.I was programed, wich is to get rid of the ball the second is feels pressure(same problem as NCAA '09 but worse). I'll even go as far as to call it a glitch and it's deffinetly a game-killer. I average 1 sack every 3-4 games on 10min. quarters with the pass rush slider all the way up....I mean come on, something's seriously wrong here!

P.S: By the way, I think every other aspect of this game is GREAT and if it wasen't for this issue, this might be the best Madden ever made. But not being able to get sacks AT ALL is completely ruining the game for me.
I am right there with you, and I agree if this issue was fixed it would be one of the best. I play with the Bears and maxed the pass rush slider and all I get is pressure and ints. The CPU QB will always throw the ball away no matter what, while running, of their back foot, into double coverage, Hammond comments on it all the time.

The sliders just need to have more sensitivity. Max the penalty sliders and get 1 a game, max the pass rush slider and get 1 sack a game, I play with the QB accuracy slider at 0 and still hit 60-70% of my passes with Grossman.

I have not tried controlling the DL yet I guess that will have to be next.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #24
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
LOL...obviously I'm doing something wrong or maybe we're just playing different games....I dunno. I haven't started a franchise yet, I've only played Play Now games so maybe that has something to do with it(wich I doubt) but I've tried everything and can't bring the QB down.
I've played two games w/ the Eagles in my franchise, and the only sack recorded for me came against the Cowgirls...where Juqua Parker sacked Romo in the closing seconds to secure a win.

I lost to STL in my 1st game, and had excellent pressure on the QB...I did notice playing against both CPU Bulger and CPU Romo that they got that ball out real quick...Like when I was an arm's reach away they chucked to a HB in the flat or check down throw everytime. Sometimes the throw was rushed and off the mark, but w/ the amount of pressure I had in both games I should've seen a lot more than just 1 sack.

I think there is a definite problem here.

I think it has to do w/ the Madden IQ too, because I did really good on the pass defense portion of the test so I think that has made it extremely hard for me to get sacks.

Same goes for my running game...I did extrememly well on that in the Madden IQ Test, and in two games my highest rushing total w/ Brian Westbrook is 68 yards. I can't tell you how many 1 yard gains I've seen.

Trying to juke or make a move is nearly impossible because by the time McNabb hands the ball off two or three defenders are already in my backfield.

I've to get creative on a singleback bunch 'Big' package play, where I can motion one of the winged out receivers to take a man to the opposite side of the field. That's really the only play which I'm seeing any kind of gain over 4-5 yards on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »