Home

Anyone enjoying their franchise

This is a discussion on Anyone enjoying their franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone enjoying their franchise

I'm enjoying my franchise. I'm using the Raiders and my passing game sucks because I have no o-line but Mcfadden is tearing it up.....He has 531 yards rushing in 5 games and I'm 3-2. He also has 23 catches in 5 games...He's also ran back a 100 kick return for a TD.....I play every game.

Also, I use someone's sliders from here(I forgot) instead of the my skill thing. I've gotten better results with the sliders....When I used my skill, it put my running up really high just because I did well in the virtual drills and my running game was horrible. I was only avg like 2 ypc regardless of the running back......I use the custom sliders against the CPU and my skill against another human...
Old 08-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #58
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

I am enjoying the hell out of my franchise so far. I am 10-5 with my Bears, with my losses coming to the Colts, Panthers, Packers and twice to the Vikings.....

I am playing with Madden IQ and two levels are at All Pro, 1 level at all Madden and 1 level just 1 bar below All pro. Most games have been very good games, other than just getting smoked by the Panthers at Carolina.

I also can't beat the Vikes to save my life. Both game that I have lost have been great games, but I always find a way with Grossman to make that big mistake and the Vikes take advantage. The salary cap situation is not the greatest, so I have had to downgrade by trading Dez Clark, John Tait and Rickey Manning, but was able to come up with 14 mill in cap room. I also have two first round picks, and two thrid round picks.

Playing with IQ on I have seen only a couple of instances where Robo QB comes into play. I have held the Qb's down usually in the high 50's range to very low 60's range as far as % goes. My biggest gripe is that I cannot get them to run the ball consistently. I have only given up 1 100 yrd game on the ground, and that was to the Lions.

Other than that, I have enjoyed this Madden Franchise way more than I have ever anticipated.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #59
Rookie

coachpars's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon12 Re: Anyone enjoying their franchise

Playing with the Titans( love the old Oiler unis) Young is a jittery mess and the white /johnson combo is blah, but overall its a lot of fun. I adjusted the music to play just the NFL soundtrack , and the replays are a blast. This will hold me over throughout the season, or at least until 2k9 basketball comes out. would have loved the crowd sounds and the home field advantage feature that NCAA has and online franchise....
Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #60
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I went 13 - 3 with the cowboys and beat the ravens in the superbowl. This is the first madden game that i actually played every one of my scheduled games.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #61
Rookie

MrMayface's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel81399
I have played the first 3 exhibition games in my franchise.
Zero freezes and I have patched.
FYI
I'm new to this entire patch thing, how do I download it? And what does the patch fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #62
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm enjoying it, I'm 3-3 right now with the Giants. Every game has been a nail bitter as I have a bad habit of turning the ball over in the red zone.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #63
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Just finished my 1st off-season with the 49ers. Grabbed Rey Maualuga to help my 3-4 and Crabtree to help my WR corps. Funny thing happen when preseason starts, both J.Taylor and R.Seymour were released. Well my 3-4 looks a little better going into the season.
Also for high rookie draft, bears grabber T.Tebow and 97 ovr
Old 08-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 29

Yet another Florida QB's career dies in Chicago... awesome

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »