Home

Solution to running....

This is a discussion on Solution to running.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 AM   #9
Banned

newmoon's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Solution to running....

The running game is supposed to be hard, especially the guys playing online. damn near 100% of the time you're playing Dallas, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and a myriad of the other toughest defensive teams on the game.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
I don't know why running is so complicated. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what your suppose to do.
way to be demeaning, guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
You can try to sub the FB for a HB during play calling. Sometimes the FB Dive using a HB works best. Full Back Dive is a great way to start and HB Toss is golden.
cheeeeez town, right here!

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 08-18-2008, 08:02 AM   #11
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

the problem I have with people's advise for the run game is that Im not sure there really is a solution. Ive heard you have to wait for the "hole to develop" but is the OLINE and DLINE AI really good enough for there to be a "hole". I dont think it is, from what I have seen there is no "QB Pocket" or straight up "running lanes". I know the LB's know when I am running the ball and get into the backfield untouched 90% of the time. I know I cant get through the line that easily even on an all out blitz so there is a difference between how the AI Defense reacts with the humans Oline and how the human Defense interacts with the AI's Online which leads me to beleive that that game was programmed to be different. This leads me to beleive there is an intended purpose here to make the run game challenging. the bottom line is that on lower difficulty you can break more tackles and run the ball better, on harder difficulties your either going to run for a gain, or you will be shut down behind the line. regardless if there are "holes" or you are sprinting or jogging, I dont feel like your decision to do either will impact how you run. Its hit or miss on how the AI handles you.

I think people are talking themselves into results with all of the sprint/dont sprint, hit the holes malarky. Take it down to the lowest levels and you can understand that your Oline isnt creating holes for you,etc. The AI defense is responsible for every yard you gain or dont gain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #12
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Why is it cheesy to put a HB in at FB? It is a formation sub! You just hit a button and Madden does this for you. I use Reggie Bush and Duece together in the backfield a lot. Is this cheese? I mean they do it in real life.

I use the big formation too. Madden puts a the FB at RB and a TE at FB. It's pretty cool. And it's not cheese to do this I don't think. Unless there is some glitch about it that I am unaware of.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Putting WRs at DL is cheese. Tailbacks and fullbacks are interchangable.

Actually, I doubt the WR at DL is cheese anymore considering the shed block and DL move ratings now dictate that stuff rather than agility and speed.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-18-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #14
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Why is it cheesy to put a HB in at FB? It is a formation sub! You just hit a button and Madden does this for you. I use Reggie Bush and Duece together in the backfield a lot. Is this cheese? I mean they do it in real life.

I use the big formation too. Madden puts a the FB at RB and a TE at FB. It's pretty cool. And it's not cheese to do this I don't think. Unless there is some glitch about it that I am unaware of.
To a lot of people, anything they don't see an NFL coach do every Sunday is cheese.

My personal definition of cheese is taking advantage of some issue with the video game format that gives an unnatural advantage where an advantage should not exist. I don't see putting a HB and FB as doing this.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab

Basically like adembroski said if you dont see it on Sundays then its cheese. As far as the Saints 80% of the time Duece and Bush are in the backfield together they are in split backs and the Saints are throwing.

The way Ankindo is suggesting is for example if your the Vikings put Chester Taylor at fullback and line up in I formation and run FB dive, which is cheese in alot of peoples opinion. Because teams dont use there backup/starter Rb in the FB position in the I formation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Basically like adembroski said if you dont see it on Sundays then its cheese. As far as the Saints 80% of the time Duece and Bush are in the backfield together they are in split backs and the Saints are throwing.

The way Ankindo is suggesting is for example if your the Vikings put Chester Taylor at fullback and line up in I formation and run FB dive, which is cheese in alot of peoples opinion. Because teams dont use there backup/starter Rb in the FB position in the I formation
Ok. Well then why did EA make it so you can do different formation looks that have the RB/RB I? Is EA guilty of making their own game cheese? That is ridiculous. Go to the I and press the Right shoulder button once and tell me what you see.

I hate cheese as much as anybody, but you should be able to line up any player you want as long as it is a legal formation. There is 0 cheese in sneaking Reggie Bush in as a FB. That is a tough up the middle run for him anyway. I put him at FB and play action to him sometimes too. Sorry.

And by the way, there are not a lot if any split backs formations in the Saints playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »