Home

Are the PAtriots really that much better than the Colts?!?!

This is a discussion on Are the PAtriots really that much better than the Colts?!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Are the PAtriots really that much better than the Colts?!?!

Reggie Wayne is a lot better than you're giving him credit for.....He's almost as good as TO and he's more productive...

Anyway, I used the Pats for the first time other day and Moss had 200 yards receiving......I still found it very easy to score with them.....I put Moss in the slot via formation packages and either the opponent didn't realize it or didn't care cause it was easy to hit him on in routes over the middle...Their defense isn't as good as the Colts but their nickle packages are devastating....They move around so much don D by themselves when you come out in those packages.......My opponent didn't know where I was blitzing from....

I use the Colts a lot and their offense is definitely not as good as the Pats on this game because the Pats O-Line is better and it makes it easier to run with the Pats....
Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Reggie Wayne is containable, Randy Moss is not.
I disagree with you on that...Randy Moss couldn't do squat when the Pats played the Eagles last year. Randy Moss if very "containable"....
Old 08-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

I think he is talking about in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
I think he is talking about in Madden.
thank you.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:01 AM   #13
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

yes i guess i should clarify as the author of this post...i am not talking about in real football, i am just talking about online, where using the pats is seen as the cheapest thing any1 can do, but to be the colts (or cowboys) is no big deal...i just think its odd b/c i think the pats r like the 3rd best team this year
Old 08-28-2008, 05:17 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

I play with the Colts religiously. The wayne and harrison cannot dominate like moss does. You throw it up to moss and he catches it. With wayne and harrison, you need to rely heavily on timing routes and throw it when they make their cuts. [much like real life]. The colts as a passing offense is a lot harder to contain than moss himself.

Colts are a lot harder to use but have higher rewards. Patriots are a lot easier to use [automated d shifting, moss] but are easier to stop. IMO
Old 08-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I play with the Colts religiously. The wayne and harrison cannot dominate like moss does. You throw it up to moss and he catches it. With wayne and harrison, you need to rely heavily on timing routes and throw it when they make their cuts. [much like real life]. The colts as a passing offense is a lot harder to contain than moss himself.

Colts are a lot harder to use but have higher rewards. Patriots are a lot easier to use [automated d shifting, moss] but are easier to stop. IMO
Interesting theory...I can definitely see it...I dont do well with NE myself but do well with IND b/c of the strategy I employ...(I cant get anything done with SD Chargers)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »