Home

FIFA 08: Presentation Like This For Madden Please

This is a discussion on FIFA 08: Presentation Like This For Madden Please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 08: Presentation Like This For Madden Please

Yes, Madden was upgrading every year pretty substantially until 2004 because of obvious reasons... and its just sad to think about how the last 4 years have been almost wasted, and only the tip of the iceberg of what Real Next gen Football should look like... I dont belive us fans have too high of expectations, because we have other games, NBA 2k, FIFA, The Show, to make us realize what a sports game should look and feel like... but with this nfl exclusivity license....It may be impossible, without competition to make for more ideas, more cooperation with many types of fans, the drive to put out a better game than the rest and past.... it actually depresses me to think about What couldve been...

sigh
WIZ
Old 09-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I don't count RTWC as even existing as it was a horroble stuttery mess. Fifa WC the second game was just a visual upgrade of the PS2/Xbox version. Fifa07 was the first in this series of Fifa games. 07 was okay but it really had little to no presentation and the players were all on "rails." I played it, but spent most of my time on Fifa07 PC with the CEP mod. When 08 hit that really raised the bar as to what a soccer game could be. I'm also ways alluding to it, as I'm actually convinced that Madden's future lies in embracing the Fifa plan. Gameplay approach, presentation, especially atmosphere. At some point Madden is going to have to become more than a "last gen" visual upgrade. It's gonna have to be reinvented.
Not that it really matters, but I agree Fifa 08 was the second, not because RTWC was so horrible or that WC was just a facial upgrade (which I disagree with), btu because FIFA 07 was the first game using the new engine. FIFA 07 was the product of several years of development by an independent team from the ones making RTWC and WC. They put the years in to make it right, then refined it in 08 and now have a killer in 09.

I think Madden should take this path forward. Keep a team updating this engine, and have another go about creating something new and amazing for the next gen systems. As others have said though, FIFA had to do this because everyone (myself at the forefront) was jumping ship to PES. Madden doesn't have these worries until the 2k people figure out a way to do what PES did and survive despite the lack of licenses due to a dedicated community and editing feature.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

The encouraging sign in all of this is that Ian plays soccer and I'm certain that he's played FIFA 08 and probably has the 09 demo. I'm sure he notices the differences in presentation and more importantly ATMOSPHERE.

Do yourselves a favor fellas and download the free demo even if you hate soccer with a passion, just to see the player models, the atmosphere, presentation, and how the players move at a more realistic pace. FIFA has developed a new collision system this year where the weight, strength, and speed of players determine who gets possession of the ball in a lot of cases. It is very well done. FIFA's back of the box pitch this year? "Over 250 gameplay improvements". For the producers of Madden and NCAA, they should consider this for 2010 instead of cheerleaders, sign making, and custom celebrations, or any other meaningless "feature".

As far as the "hot studio" comment from Brian, he's spot on. At EA Canada they're making NBA Live, NHL, and FIFA.......ALL games that have competition.

They can say that they care until they're blue in the face, and I believe them but, facts are facts, and the strides that have been made in EAC product line surpass any EA Football title in the last 4 years by far. The people that produce the NCAA series should be embarrassed.

Last edited by therizing02; 09-13-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #12
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I don't count RTWC as even existing as it was a horroble stuttery mess. Fifa WC the second game was just a visual upgrade of the PS2/Xbox version. Fifa07 was the first in this series of Fifa games. 07 was okay but it really had little to no presentation and the players were all on "rails." I played it, but spent most of my time on Fifa07 PC with the CEP mod. When 08 hit that really raised the bar as to what a soccer game could be. I'm also ways alluding to it, as I'm actually convinced that Madden's future lies in embracing the Fifa plan. Gameplay approach, presentation, especially atmosphere. At some point Madden is going to have to become more than a "last gen" visual upgrade. It's gonna have to be reinvented.
I respect your opinion, but I count it cause it was called fifa 06 rtwc. By your logic, then Madden 06 shouldn't count either cause it was horrible.

But I'll drop this cause it is way off topic.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #13
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
I respect your opinion, but I count it cause it was called fifa 06 rtwc. By your logic, then Madden 06 shouldn't count either cause it was horrible.

But I'll drop this cause it is way off topic.
I understand your point. I'm not arguing. I was just making the point that 07 was the first with the new graphics/physics as well as the "free" ball.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Nice to see Canada gettin some rep for a change Anyways, I totally agree with what you guys are saying. I played the Fifa demo and yes, it is leap years ahead of Madden in pretty much every aspect imaginable. It's interesting though that Fifa puts out a full demo (6 teams to choose from, a practice mode, and the ability to play a full game) while the Madden demo let us play a 1 minute Madden moment. It's like Fifa wants to show their baby off, while Madden wanted to hide theirs.
I fully believe that Madden will never be the game we want it to
be. Simply because they know that they don't have to give us the game that we, the loyal diehard Madden fans deserve. Most of us will still buy it even if it blows. I'm gettin mad just thinking about it, so I'll end this now.
I just traded in Madden for Nhl 09 and it was a great move on my part. All Madden did frustrate and infuriate me.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlin
Nice to see Canada gettin some rep for a change Anyways, I totally agree with what you guys are saying. I played the Fifa demo and yes, it is leap years ahead of Madden in pretty much every aspect imaginable. It's interesting though that Fifa puts out a full demo (6 teams to choose from, a practice mode, and the ability to play a full game) while the Madden demo let us play a 1 minute Madden moment. It's like Fifa wants to show their baby off, while Madden wanted to hide theirs.
I fully believe that Madden will never be the game we want it to
be. Simply because they know that they don't have to give us the game that we, the loyal diehard Madden fans deserve. Most of us will still buy it even if it blows. I'm gettin mad just thinking about it, so I'll end this now.
I just traded in Madden for Nhl 09 and it was a great move on my part. All Madden did frustrate and infuriate me.

My feelings exactly. Let's face it, had we been able to play defense in the Madden demo, how many would REALLY have bought the game (robo Qb, terrible D-line play, etc)? I didn't buy anyway, just rented, as I had my suspicions as to WHY the demo was so short and shallow.

Last edited by MJenness; 09-13-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typos
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »