Home

To the mods...re: thread locks

This is a discussion on To the mods...re: thread locks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: To the mods...re: thread locks

I would agree that there are some threads that have been locked that left me wondering why........power trip or what. But then again there are some pretty rediculous threads that are locked and rightfully should be.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #10
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardashian
co sign as well... feels like communism up in here
You know what? When I started posting at OS, that is exactly what I thought.

It seemed as if no one had a sense of humor, everyone was an elitist, and the slightest off topic thing you said would get you warned or red carded. I had posted on forums long before OS, and needless to say I almost quit coming here.

Then I grew up. True, OS is not a place where immaturity and stupidity runs amok. The mods seem like your worst enemy if you start off posting here and you don't follow the guidelines. But you know what else? That is what makes this place effective. We may not have the most members on the internet, but you can be rest assured that the majority of them serve a good purpose here.

I went from a seemingly ridiculous troll-like member who almost left here after 3 infractions to someone who seen the true purpose of this place and became a regular and a supporter.

Be glad our mods do what they do. This place would be an awful mess without them keeping order.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea it was getting to the point where I was afraid to make a topic, in fear of it being locked, moved, or worst. But rules are rules, and I guess they have there reasons for wanting every post to be in a larger thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

They have been laying off somewhat lately, they recently stopped locking the threads with the word "Ian" in the title...

But yeah, communism would be the word I would use...

I mean isn't free speech what the internet is for? Seriously, do you think Ian has himself a nice cry after each negative opinion is posted? No, I think he logs off and goes back to his great life with a nice salary doing something he enjoys.

Last edited by cdon2k; 09-09-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

no no...you signed a contract, you dont got any rights
Old 09-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

It's mostly housekeeping. Threads fly off the front page to page four in hours and then you guys great threads get replaced by other great threads and then nobody replies to your thread you made 1 hour ago. Then you have 32 dead, useless threads because nobody wants to go past page one to find discussions. So it's not communism, it's order. and it helps everyone. And if guys use the search function you'll probably find at least a similar thread along the same vein. You'll still get your say as your post will be highlighted as the first unread. But please, if you have a new idea that isn't found through search, fire away. I'm all for a new angle and viewpoint on things.

Just wanted you to know that we are looking at Ian's request and trying to figure out if some of the locks should come off. Stay tuned....Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
They have been laying off somewhat lately, they recently stopped locking the threads with the word "Ian" in the title...

But yeah, communism would be the word I would use...
I wouldn't.

I've been here awhile, but not a long time poster.

You have to have some semblance of order when the Madden formum is infiltrated with a lot of new members coming over from other forums that run a free for all finding out they have an ear to the lead producer of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #16
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I think it's "everyone suffers at the hands of a few" in the sense that while I'd agree that some productive and non-offensive threads were locked up, it may have been necessary to demonstrate consistency with enforcement on those that were garbage. I think when you get overrun by some of the garbage that has been on here it's easy to be a bit "trigger happy" so to speak.

It's something I can personally deal with as the reason I came to OS in the first place was it's overall level of quality compared to other sites I've spent some time on. I think, partially because of exclusivity and partially because of the scope of EA, Madden just garners more attention...both good and bad.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »