Home

Would You settle For A Lesser Madden That Was New?

This is a discussion on Would You settle For A Lesser Madden That Was New? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: New Madden or Better Old Madden?
Yes(New Madden that may be rough around the edges) 6 35.29%
No(Just improve what's in place) 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Icon5 Would You settle For A Lesser Madden That Was New?

After playing games like GOW 2 and End War that really revoluntize their genres. It just pains me how bland and boring Madden has become.

This game just has no WOW factor at all. So the question is would you settle for a "New" Madden that may be rough around the edges and not as refined, or would you just rather see Madden in it's current state improved upon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Would You settle For A Lesser Madden That Was New?

A little of both. Look at SCEA mlb's franchise. They havent changes ANYTHING but improved upon every aspect of the game. I really dont think madden needs to change a whole lot. What needs to change or improved is all over this forum. I read a post about EA that phil frazier wrote about who the lead designer was and allthough I dont know his game focus I know Ian's which will eventually lead tot he WOW factor as you put it. Ian is goin to the community this year and as phil put it his focus is gameplay and presentation. So the WOW is comin.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
would you settle for a "New" Madden that may be rough around the edges and not as refined,
I understand the point you're trying to make,but don't we already have a Madden thats "rough around the edges" and "not as refined"?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I understand the point you're trying to make,but don't we already have a Madden thats "rough around the edges" and "not as refined"?
I play mostly online and the game does work. The only real thing I've found is exploiting the Lead Blocking.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
A little of both. Look at SCEA mlb's franchise. They havent changes ANYTHING but improved upon every aspect of the game. I really dont think madden needs to change a whole lot. What needs to change or improved is all over this forum. I read a post about EA that phil frazier wrote about who the lead designer was and allthough I dont know his game focus I know Ian's which will eventually lead tot he WOW factor as you put it. Ian is goin to the community this year and as phil put it his focus is gameplay and presentation. So the WOW is comin.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...videos;title;9

That was the 08 lead designer.

Last edited by AlexBrady; 11-17-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

A new Madden would be great, it may be rough around the edges, but at least it wouldn't feel stale... That said, this won't happen as Ian has said that he plans to up rez this engine to next gen (ps4/xbox720) to preserve the work they are doing to get this engine up to par.

I think the strategy is decent as we may get a great Madden by the end of this gen, but the game won't feel revolutionary until the game is redesigned.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 PM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

When u say less, what exactly do u mean? Like using the engine that was used for the PS2, xbox, and PC versions, but make the graphics sharper and add more animations and features with that engine , then I say yes 10000000%

This new engine is such garbage.

im just so glad that I finally broke out of the madden grasped 3 yrs ago and havent brought a madden game the last 3 yrs. I rented them 1st. Oh wait I did buy the PC version on Madden 08, but I meant the next gen Maddens.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #8
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I love that other football game that came out in 2004 as much as anyone, however I do not feel Madden 09 is all that bad. With some tweaking of the rosters, player ratings, and sliders you can get the game to play fairly well for single player franchise games. Yes, I 'd like the game to play great, and I'd like it to play great without having to spend a full day tweaking it, but it doesn't.

What Ian and company need to do in my opinion with Madden 2010 is get the game to play like a real game of football. I don't want to see any strange animations, I don't want to see the player movements look un-natural, they need to add "Realism" to the game. By now they have read all the complaints so they should have a very good idea what we do not like about the gameplay aspect of Madden 09.

The other big things that are lacking are Presentation and Atmosphere. These two things are what keeps you coming back to a game. I want to feel like I'm playing an NFL game. I want to feel that same excitement I feel every Sunday when I fire up my 4 HDTV's and NFL Sunday Ticket. Also as the season progresses and the games have more and more meaning, they need to get that to show in the game. For instance last weeks Thursday night game between the Jets and Pats, two AFC East teams , both were 6-3, a huge game, but when you play that same game in Madden it's no different then a preseason game. EA needs to figure out how to get that real life excitment and atmosphere into the game, and it needs to change from week to week and step up for big games, playoff games, and the Superbowl. Then the game will not get boring and it will have a ton of replay value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »