Home

Alternative to Acc. Clock Idea!

This is a discussion on Alternative to Acc. Clock Idea! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #9
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Alternative to Acc. Clock Idea!

The players running on and off the field ala Madden 92! is cool. I don't think we need huge elaborate cut scenes for this but the way the play calling worked back then, if you were running the hurry up offense and had your "fast" players in and you chose your "hands" team, you had to wait for the players to run on and off the field, which obviously hurt your chance of running plays quickly.

I remember being frustrated if you accidentally chose the wrong package and yelling at the screen as the players ran in from the sidelines as the clock ticked away. It sucked....but it was real in a way. You'd have to burn timeouts to save time on the clock because of confusion in the huddle....which you see happen frequently in the NFL too.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Its an interesting idea, but it would get boring watching cut scenes between every play when you just want to play football. It could easily turn into a 2 hour game and most people I dont think want to committ that much time to one Madden game. It could be an option if you could make it more interactive such as giving certain players individual instruction on a certain play to raise their awareness or whatever. Just watching cut scenes while having no input into whats going on for 20 seconds or whatever would just slow the game down and be a drag.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamVinatieri4xsbchamp
Its an interesting idea, but it would get boring watching cut scenes between every play when you just want to play football. It could easily turn into a 2 hour game and most people I dont think want to committ that much time to one Madden game. It could be an option if you could make it more interactive such as giving certain players individual instruction on a certain play to raise their awareness or whatever. Just watching cut scenes while having no input into whats going on for 20 seconds or whatever would just slow the game down and be a drag.

The way I was thinking about this wasn't to have cut scenes in between everyplay per say..I was thinking more on the lines of just showing a different camera view, one that would show more of the whole field and stadium from a far so that you could see it all happening in real time. Sure you could add in some cut scenes and of course the big thing would be stat overlays. This presents a perfect time to show a player pic with his stats for the game and year. I think it would just pull the game together more and have a better feel of an NFL experience.

However your comment got me thinking of an alternative to the alternative. If this was something they could put in and decided to you could always have the option to hit a button that would run the time off the clock that it would have taken to just watch everything. So basically if you skip the players running in and stat overlays you would just see the acc. clock kick in and go right to the line of scrimmage. Remember though that in the idea I was talking about you are not adding time to the game, you are simply filling in dead time that is already there, so the games don't really take any longer. You just have more interaction and immersion as they say.

Last edited by cedwebb; 11-21-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 04:16 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

THe playclock is not proportional to the quarter length.

Playclock in madden: 40 seconds . Quarter length online: 300 seconds

Each play can take up to 13% of the quarter. Thats ridiculous. Thats like 10 plays a quarter.

In real life each play takes 4% of the quarter max.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
THe playclock is not proportional to the quarter length.

Playclock in madden: 40 seconds . Quarter length online: 300 seconds

Each play can take up to 13% of the quarter. Thats ridiculous. Thats like 10 plays a quarter.

In real life each play takes 4% of the quarter max.
you can't play 5 min qtrs and expect a realistic amount of plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »