Home

im throwing 20 some pics a season?

This is a discussion on im throwing 20 some pics a season? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #17

LL-Cool-P's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: im throwing 20 some pics a season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
In my first season with the Skins,Jason Campbell threw 33 INT's...23 TD's and 33 INT's.Im in my second year of my franchise and I have 2 INT's in 3 games.What im doing now is using the training more with him for accuracy.But I feel you pain in the INT department.There times whenI just want to launch my controller across the room from all the insane LB jet pack INT's that were happening.And you know whats funny,I see the CPU LB's catch INT's in zone and my LB's can't play zone to save its life.Iplay zone and the CPU throws the ball the same way I do but my LB's never even attempted to bat the ball let alone catch it.
lol so frustrating isnt it?

- Back like I never left -

Old 01-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey everyone thanks for all the help so im going to try to go out of the pocket more..That way i can see what those cbs and lbs are up to..like another guy said,he would prefer to pocket pass the game just dosent let you...

so pretty much its nothing but check downs..

Do they progress and than throw less ints im Hoping Russell,and Orton develop
Old 01-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

Out routes against man to man coverage is money. However, if they press don't throw the out route. Come out in bunch formations and throw out routes against man coverage. Those shouldn;t get pick off most of the time.

And the funny thing is, LB's in zone can pick off anything, LB's in man don't even react to the ball.

I find it annoying that when i motion my receiver and the db is in press, i cannot snap it. However, when i motion my receiver and the db is NOT IN PRESS, i can snap it during the motion.

Its so annoying that the game won't let me snap the ball just because the db is pressing my dude.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #20
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Staying in the pocket has too little benefits. You can't avoid blitzers. If someone magically breaks their block your doomed.

The passing angles are against you. Warping Db's pick off passes from the QB in the pocket to easily.

When you roll out, the passing lanes become more clearer and you can be sure no superman db is gonna intercept the ball.

I don't like to scramble out of the pocket. I'd rather stay in the pocket and methodically move up the field.

But madden just doesn't let you do that. Scrambling out of the pocket gives you the passing lanes, easier to react when someone magically breaks their blocks and some db;s stop covering.
So the real question is why does Madden not let you stay in the pocket to throw the ball I mean it's something we see every Sunday I understand the the O line can not block for ever but you can push up every stat pass blocking attribute in Madden for a tackle and he will get beat by a person who is lowly rated.

I mean two to three seconds in the pocket dose wonders in the NFl for a Quarterback, another problem is that The AI is never out of place on D you run out the pocket to by extra time but the D never makes mistakes. and I think it should be in the game seeing how it happens a lot. I hope next yr I can just stand in pocket if I have a great O line and tare the other team apart because they are not getting any pressure .
Old 01-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #21
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I've play plenty of games and can't get around the insane INT issue. I'm all for the CPU getting picks, but when linebackers fly into the ball, or when corners leap several feet into the air to steal a pick, that's where I draw the line.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #22
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

This game pretty much penalizies you for doing the fundamental things in football.If you drop back to pass and you step up in the pocket you get sacked,so you have to scramble with every single QB even the ones who don't.If you go for a regular tackle in the open field the CPU runs you over or jukes you,so you resort to using the "hit stick" every tackle attempt...It's so fustrating.When I pick up the controller and hit that start button I throw all my logical football knowledge out the window cause that will get me even more upset if I do those things and I'm not rewarded for it.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

^^^^

This is true. Trying to play true pocket passing doesn't work.

Scrambling out of the pocket throwing on the run is sadly more effective.

IN the pocket, you just get sacked, and the passing lanes just aren't there.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 7

How can you tell when there in man,and zone coverages?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »