Home

Bring back the video montages for the intro!

This is a discussion on Bring back the video montages for the intro! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Bring back the video montages for the intro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Crappy game - but BEST INTRO ever.... I watched this EVERYTIME I turned this game on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXAxMpUS4r0
That was pretty sweet. I'd probably watch that every time too.

Great song for a football game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR4L8WlHyBE
Old 01-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I don't really care about the intros.

After the first time, we all skip over them anyway.

So why waste resources on them?

That's typically been the thought within our team as well, especially when it comes to using real-life footage. That footage costs a) quite a bit of money and b) quite a bit of disk space, and the return on that investment usually just doesn't pay off since nearly everyone skips it. I know someone may be inclined to say "EA has deep pockets, they can afford this!", but remember that money would no longer be available in our development budget (which would suck).

We're all down for better intro videos...but I think we want to keep it cheap too (i.e. game footage) so we can maximize our investment in the real development of the game.

To put it in a very realistic scenario, if you had to choose improvements to the in-game presentation or a bad-*** intro video, what would you pick?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

i thought we were talking about game intros lol not the intro for the game itself i guess thats what i get for not watchin the vids to see what he meant but anyway i personally think nfl gameday 2000 had the best one
i tried to get a vid but couldnt find one
Old 01-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Gameplay footage like the 90 second ones the EA PR department were releasing online accompanied with a song from the soundtrack would do for an intro.

Maybe you could rotate these so 1 out of 5 different ones play each time.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 11

Intro's are sweet and all, but my favorite intos were from last gen when it would have a random 5 second clip of a player/coach saying "EA Sports, it's in the game!".

It's quick, and it constantly changes. Those were always cool. But I don't know how much space it consumes.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #22
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the intros should be your saved highlights set to music. Hell you're saving them anyway to put on the web or something, their on the 360 or PS3 hard drive. Just have the thing randomly select from your highlights and set a random song from the sound track to it.

Obviously you could take this further and let the user select the song to be used or even the highlights but then you're spending more time then it is probably worth.

Just my 2 cents
Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #23
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

I do miss intros, like the Madden 2000 Ludacris and Jermaine Dupri "Whatcha want" intro. I watched that one nearly every time. Of course, I was 12 or 13 and more easily amused

If it takes away from other things, no way, but it does add a little flair to the game and make me more excited to have some sort of intro that's better than we have had recently.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #24
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkopated
Intro's are sweet and all, but my favorite intos were from last gen when it would have a random 5 second clip of a player/coach saying "EA Sports, it's in the game!".

It's quick, and it constantly changes. Those were always cool. But I don't know how much space it consumes.
Agreed. I watched those every time.

My favorites were "EA Sports, it's in the game. E.Moulds holla back." (Eric Moulds) and "EA Sports i'm in the game, so get in the game." (Julian Peterson)

NCAA Football had this as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »