Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

This is some of the best news Ive heard from madden since...

I dont know. But knowing this has me real excited. If they can implement this well and keep the gameplay much like it was PLUS make franchise mode fun again then Im gonna be a seriously happey camper next year. I might end up standing in line somwhere again and I havent done that in years.

My only dissapontment is that they didnt implement some intangible elements to QB play like consistency and leadership.

O well i still love what they have added.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #90
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
This is some of the best news Ive heard from madden since...

I dont know. But knowing this has me real excited. If they can implement this well and keep the gameplay much like it was PLUS make franchise mode fun again then Im gonna be a seriously happey camper next year. I might end up standing in line somwhere again and I havent done that in years.

My only dissapontment is that they didnt implement some intangible elements to QB play like consistency and leadership.

O well i still love what they have added.
Just curious...How would you translate leadership to gameplay mechanics? How would that be implemented? Sounds interesting nonetheless.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #91
Pro

OVR: 8

Sounds superb

I have a question though Ian:- In 09, Collinsworth often says "he throws on the run" when Your QB clearly isn't. This is often when you drop back , and move slightly around in the pocket, and then release almost simultaneously. By this definition, a great pocket presence passer Like Peyton, would throw almost every pass "on the run".

There's a big difference throwing while scrambling, to throwing while say moving up in the pocket slightly to avoid the rush. A lot of QB's drop back and kinda bounce on their toes (I did when I played QB, it stops you being caught flatfooted if a pass rusher breaks free). Favre was the severe example, he practically never literally "set his feet".

So my question is basically:- "how are you going to differentiate between throwing when scrambling, or throwing while shifting in the pocket"? Thanks in advance

Oh and btw great moment in that blog :-

Quote:
...so if you are trying to throw it to low to a player on a quick smash, you would put it in the dirt (assuming that your QB's short accuracy rating determined the pass would be inaccurate). Eagles fans probably know this phenomenon all too well.
You know its Sad but True Philly folks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #92
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

i wonder how mad people are going to get when passes arnt thrown perfectly. they are playing their friend and on a final drive a pass just happens to be errant and they lose and they get mad at EA for such a bull**** throw or something.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #93
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
i wonder how mad people are going to get when passes arnt thrown perfectly. they are playing their friend and on a final drive a pass just happens to be errant and they lose and they get mad at EA for such a bull**** throw or something.

great post...save this for Aug....then remind them that 'they wanted realistic gameplay'
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #94
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Good stuff. Ian, so my question is, if layered blending is what you are using to overcome the suction sack, then can you also use it in overcoming suction blocking and tackling?
Great question.

Just a guess LB...but if not in '10', it sure sounds like we're headed for it in the foreseeable future.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Thats the point of the blog.
while i don't disagree with u on the point of the blog. i was hoping they would give a little more info about this. forgive me if i missed he expanded on this and i just didn't see it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #96
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by netking23
Ian, one thing that was mentioned that isn't getting too much comments here is the accuracy hit that QB's will take when on the run. Please Please Please for the love of whichever god u serve do something about this. i'm sure i'm not alone when i say i'm tired of players that take off out of the pocket as soon as the ball is snapped and still can hit a receiver 50 yards down the field while running at full speed. NFL QB's only scamble when they have to and THEY ALL take an accuracy hit. A significant one at that.
You gotta read, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Cummings
4. Throw on the Run: Creates a modifier to accuracy when the QB is throwing on the run. Every QB will take some sort of accuracy hit when throwing on the run, but a QB that has a high rating here will take a smaller hit.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »