Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #97
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

This really got me excited Ian. I mean, really excited.

My only suggestion at this point would be to make the RBs have an impact on the QB's PA rating. For instance, a great RB would improve the rating slightly, where as a terrible running back would decrease the rating.

It could also be effected by the success of your run game as well.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 6

Jaysus Cutler has to have a mid 90s throwing on the run rating. He throws lasers at all times, with some damn fine accuracy. Anyone remember those lasers to Eddie Royal and Tony Scheffler against the Raiders that first week? Cutler can't be left out of the elite when it comes to throwing on the run.

Last edited by CubsNBroncos; 02-23-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 15

I love Mondays.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 7

Absolutely BRA VO!!

I now officially have one of my Madden Wishlist features in the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blog
1. Deep Ball Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on deep passes (streaks, deep posts, etc)
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on medium passes (outs, corners, etc)
3. Short Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on short passes (quick smash, flats, etc)
4. Throw on the Run: Creates a modifier to accuracy when the QB is throwing on the run. Every QB will take some sort of accuracy hit when throwing on the run, but a QB that has a high rating here will take a smaller hit.
5. Play Action: Determines the 'effectiveness' of Play Action for a QB, i.e. how often they can fake out or freeze the defense (which is obviously weighted against the defenders Play Recognition ratings)
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 10

use this new system for juking,trucking,stiff arm,etc while a defender is tackling you mid animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #102
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Hopefully next week the defense will get some love.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You gotta read, man.
thanks.

i saw that but i guess its just such a big deal to me i was expecting a little more clarification or something more definitive. i'm not trying to be too picky or anything but i believe that the QB scrambling in madden goes against one of the core themes of real life football. i wish i had the statistics of the all the snaps taken in a given season and what % of the time the QB scrambled. i'm guessing its surprisinly small compared to how it is in the game.

all in all i think this was a superb post by ian and great news for the game going forward.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsNBroncos
Jaysus Cutler has to have a mid 90s throwing on the run rating. He throws lasers at all times, with some damn fine accuracy. Anyone remember those lasers to Eddie Royal and Tony Scheffler against the Raiders that first week? Cutler can't be left out of the elite when it comes to throwing on the run.
I agree.. Jay Cutler's throw on the run gotta be high.. But i gotta agree, this is the best update to date. Game changer...Madden 10 is gonna be rock solid. Can't wait for more updates..
Thanks Ian and Co..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »