Home

Weekly Preparation?

This is a discussion on Weekly Preparation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want a Weekly Preparation in Madden 2010
Yes 55 79.71%
No 7 10.14%
Indifferent 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Weekly Preparation?

I still with this spread out rating system could see a DT gaining considerably in speed. Say he runs around a 5.0 then moving up to mid 4.8s or 4.9 should be possible once again needing the weight loss probably to help him along. Running a 5.0 should depending on acceleration put you in the upper 30s for speed. This would move up into the the upper 40s.

Once again should be very rare and the weight loss should maybe be in terms of percentage of total wight so the resulting weight loss should force a pretty vast reduction in strength. This would probably be enough to keep people from doing his unless they were for instance trying to take a 4-3 DT and move him to 3-4 DE or move him to DE in the 4-3 for running situations or whatever. For this to really work strength needs to be implemented to where it really matters. The key needs to be a risk/reward system for system for any training regimens or diets that drastically change a player's weight.

Also, maybe set max levels for speed, acceleration, agility based on height and weight. For instance you are never going to have a 6'2" 340 lb guy with 90 level speed. Also you could set maxes for strengths at certain levels. For instance a reciever who is 6'4" and only weighs 200 pounds is never going to have 90 level strength.

Another thing that really needs to come into play with this weight gain and momentum gain is making weight actually effect on field play.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:51 AM   #34
MVP

It is actually easier to get stronger than faster at most sizes especially when you hit an age where your body is fully developed. This also however depends on where their current strength and speed is in terms of the maximum potential strength and speed for that size as the closer you get to that max.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Just take the weekly prep from NFL HC, and maybe update it a little more and were good. HC WP>>>>>>2K5 WP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 26

what do you mean by by uppers 30s for speed and the rest of that?

I forgot to add that i think strength should be used differently. because you see a player like joe thomas come into the league and yet he is really stronger then veron gholsten(sp) even though he did 37 bench rep at the combine and joe did like mid 20 something. Joe is stronger because he is 50 pounds heavier then veron but he has less strength. does that make sense?

The only way a DT should be able to increase his speed by that much is to drop weight saying if he is 340 pounds at 6'2'. he would need to drop 20-30 pounds and train for speed. something like that idk really id have to set a math equation to figure it all out
Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 AM   #37
MVP

Upper 30s would be like a rating of 37, 38, 39. Somewhere in that area.

As for the weight lifting drill it shows very little in terms of strength. Strength is better measured by a weight lifting max rather than the number of reps a person can do at a certain weight. Reps is more a measure of endurance than strength. Once someone shows he can lift the weight once that is really as far as it goes to show strength.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 26

what about leg strength then because there are plenty of guys who are alot stronger upper body then their lower body...they should just have upper body strength and lower body strength.

why do you have low acc at 30s and 40s well i could see it for the really big dlinemen but if they are running a 5.0 fourty then they should have more acc then that
Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #39
MVP

I argee strength should be split into upper and lower body, maybe even further to fit into all the areas that you could have a player work out. For instance calve strength for explosiveness, upper leg strength (hamstring and quad) for ability to drive people back when locked up, chest strength which would work mostly with fighting in locked up situations trying to push other people out of the way, arm strength for things like throwing (really most arm strength isn't as useful as other upper body strengths.

I didn't say ACC should be that low. I thought we were discussing speed. The way I determined it was subtracting the upper end 40 times, 4.2, from lower end 5.5 and dividing the difference by the range they could be spread across which I figured should be 1 to 99. In the end when really setting ratings they should go off of the time for the last 20 yards of the 40. For ACC they should compare the 10 and 20 yard splits with the overall time and with the last 20 yards
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 39

Wow not that many votes on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »