Home

MADDEN 10 Updated Info Thread

This is a discussion on MADDEN 10 Updated Info Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: MADDEN 10 Updated Info Thread

What was the difference in ages when they changed teams?? thats my point!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #50
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow, so much juicy information. I'm pumped for this year's new game. I haven't been this excited for Madden in sometime. I broke down and got 09 and enjoyed it a lot and this one sounds superb.

Even though nothing big as in features have been announced the little things that have been revealed are awesome. If each time really does play to its strengths, this game will own.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #51
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

* An AI bug has been fixed that caused the CPU to call timeouts in situations advantageous to its opponent.

* All coaches in Franchise mode have been re-rated and been set to act more true-to-life in terms of how they act on 4th down, specifically related to fakes and going for it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 10

Regarding Madden 10, has there been any mention anywhere of improvements to Franchise, Presentation, and Atmosphere? If so, please kindly direct me.

Off the top of my head:
  1. Are multiple camera angles coming back???!!!!!!!
  2. Replay Frequency slider/choice a la NFL2K5? (I always chose Frequent replays and it added alot to the Presentation)
  3. Much better AI in Franchise mode (a couple examples-the CPU teams actually make trades instead of just having the same guy on the block all year long / CPU puts guys on IR)
  4. The outside shots of the stadiums were a total waste or resources and space last year(kinda like Marshall Faulk the year before)-all that work so we could get a stadium glimpse for 3-5 seconds-i will not miss that at all
  5. Is there ever any talk of bringing back the Madden cards so we can use the Cheat cards? My kids and I used those all the time against each other. Kept it "arcadish" when we wanted it to be. Can't hurt to ask, I suppose.
  6. Enhancements to injury cut scenes to add to Presentation?
  7. Maybe a helmet flying off every once in awhile??
  8. Sideline, pregame, postgame cutscenes?
  9. Super Bowl feel to the Super Bowl?
  10. Gameplay sliders particular to CPU/offense & defense and sliders particular to Human offense & defense?
  11. Cheerleaders??(for those long winter days)
I think it's cool that the developers are communicating with us. I'm looking forward to Madden...cautiously, though. For obvious reasons. For me, they can fix and adjust all the gameplay aspects and issues they want, but if the Presentation and Franchise portions of the game aren't dramatically improved, playing this game will still be like watching paint dry. I'm glad I read that Ian has been studying 2K5. Whether you liked that game or not, they did set the standard for football presentation. The blueprint has been around for almost 5 years now-just need to get it "in the game" now.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #53
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Great job on this. Stuck!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:23 AM   #54
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Guys... this isn't the wishlist thread. This is a place for people to post any new info they find on madden 10

Thanks for making the thread though Adem

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #55
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
Regarding Madden 10, has there been any mention anywhere of improvements to Franchise, Presentation, and Atmosphere? If so, please kindly direct me.
No specifics on franchise mode, save some small mentions that it's being upgraded in some ways. What we do know is that two of the minds behind NFL Head Coach's outstanding career mode have been tapped to work on franchise mode almost exclusively.

Quote:
Off the top of my head:
  1. Are multiple camera angles coming back???!!!!!!!
  1. No confirmation one way or the other as yet.

Quote:
  2. Replay Frequency slider/choice a la NFL2K5? (I always chose Frequent replays and it added alot to the Presentation)
  3. I doubt it. I guess I'd never heard anyone ask for this before. I can't imagine it'd be a priority issue this year.

Quote:
  4. Much better AI in Franchise mode (a couple examples-the CPU teams actually make trades instead of just having the same guy on the block all year long / CPU puts guys on IR)
  5. Once again, the "big" franchise information has yet to be released. We do expect to start seeing franchise related blogs down the road, but I'd expect that stuff (being that franchise is a core feature) to be after the draft at least.

Quote:
  6. The outside shots of the stadiums were a total waste or resources and space last year(kinda like Marshall Faulk the year before)-all that work so we could get a stadium glimpse for 3-5 seconds-i will not miss that at all
  7. Is there ever any talk of bringing back the Madden cards so we can use the Cheat cards? My kids and I used those all the time against each other. Kept it "arcadish" when we wanted it to be. Can't hurt to ask, I suppose.
  8. You and I are in the minority here... I used them for the same reason. I'm a simmer, but hey, you gotta say screw it now and then, right? Still, I don't see them coming back anytime soon, certainly not this year.

Quote:
  9. Enhancements to injury cut scenes to add to Presentation?
  10. Maybe a helmet flying off every once in awhile??
  11. Sideline, pregame, postgame cutscenes?
  12. Super Bowl feel to the Super Bowl?
  13. Presentation is something I know Ian feels very strongly about. It's one of the few areas that isn't specific to the game of football itself that most of the community will get worked up over. Specifics, we have nothing as yet. We're getting technical details thus far.

Remember: This is MONTHS ahead of when EA usually begins letting information trickle out, and these are the developers- not marketing. Marketing has a job to do and they don't want developers stepping on their toes, so these guys do have to sort of walk on egg shells with this stuff.

Quote:
  14. Gameplay sliders particular to CPU/offense & defense and sliders particular to Human offense & defense?
  15. Ah-ha, the information I'm looking for myself. We have no definitive confirmation that CPU sliders have returned, but I'd be willing to bet it will. They caught a lot of heat last year when they took it out, and they attempted to put it back with the DLC... unfortunately, release of the DLC got stunted, and we were left without them for a season.

Considering the backlash Ian caught when it wasn't even his call, I doubt he'll leave 'em out again. If he did, and I'm sure he knows this, all the hard work he's done this year to bring people around would be undone. Sliders are just too important to this community.

Quote:
  16. Cheerleaders??(for those long winter days)
Quote:
I think it's cool that the developers are communicating with us. I'm looking forward to Madden...cautiously, though. For obvious reasons. For me, they can fix and adjust all the gameplay aspects and issues they want, but if the Presentation and Franchise portions of the game aren't dramatically improved, playing this game will still be like watching paint dry. I'm glad I read that Ian has been studying 2K5. Whether you liked that game or not, they did set the standard for football presentation. The blueprint has been around for almost 5 years now-just need to get it "in the game" now.
I think Madden has a better foundation than 2k ever had. It always has. The teams running the thing are the ones who haven't taken advantage of it. I have faith that the current Madden regime will. Will 2010 redefine football gaming? I dunno, but it better be a damn sight better than Madden has been, or Ian's gonna be tasting his foot for a year. And I really don't think he wants that.

In other words: I believe Madden 10 will be a very solid game because these guys are so damned determined to make it so, not to mention confident they will.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 10

thanks for the reply to my q's, Adam.
perhaps if you and i scream loud enough, we'll get those Madden cards back? or..............not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »