Home

Route running prototype based on Jerry Rice Youtube vid

This is a discussion on Route running prototype based on Jerry Rice Youtube vid within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Route running prototype based on Jerry Rice Youtube vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Some of you are ridiculous. The result is what matters the most here, not the step-by-step technique of the WR and DB.

The bottom line is that we need to see a different result between the RRN and MCV ratings, see differences in ACC and AGI in route running, etc.

I think Ian's videos captured this effect and if we can see the end result differ based on position ratings and not SPD, then his team has succeeded.

Tuning the step-by-step animations simply isn't critical to me. You're comparing an animated player in pads to Jerry Rice in regular clothes against an amateur defensive back. This wasn't Jerry Rice in a Super Bowl, but him likely using very little effort to school some kid with poor technique. In reality, there are only a few key steps/turns that matter in these videos and the rest is just noise. Little things like the WR's arms looking too loose as he runs? ZERO impact on the result.

Great job actually using ratings to separate animations and hopefully this is the mantra going forward that different skill ratings merit different animation packages and on-field results.

Keep up the good work!
100%
Old 03-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 38

thats when your injury rating can come in! Ig you have a low rating there is a higher chance you can end up on the turf in pain with a messed up knee
Old 03-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ian -

Great post, i liked the second one more than the 1st

man to man does cover most things in 09, so i'm happy to see the man to man covering the double move

after all these videos, esspecially the one by the CB himself (4th vid?) you must relize how important it is for the CB shade feature

telling you corners to play inside out or outside in is soooo important for certain coverages, you even had a speel about the bump by a CB and who will "win" decides who gets inside. You claimed if the CB wins the jam when playing Cover 2 he sends the WR inside, but what if i'm in cover 2 expecting a slant? i want the CB to do everything in his power to play inside out, i don't want to have to select cover 3 to force the WR outside

please please bring back the CB shade
Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 7

wow that's amazing

Bring NFL 2k Football back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »