Home

The Former Regime of Developers

This is a discussion on The Former Regime of Developers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About This Video?
Very Sad and im glad its over 77 82.80%
Those Were Legit Money Plays 1 1.08%
LOL! 28 30.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: The Former Regime of Developers

Funny thing is, I bet Madden @K10 will have money plays too. You guys act like the developer stated "I put plays in the game that could not be stopped on purpose" The guy even basically said at the end he wasn't aware of the nano-blitzing, "He did that one play I couldn't stop" Do you think the developers sit around and try to find glitches in the game like nano-blitzing?!?!? They probably find out after the game is released when some cheeser fdiscovers the trash and starts exploiting it online. Damn I understand supporting Ian and stuff, but bashing past developers and all this isht has gone too far. Get over it and hope the new MAdden will be better. IT ain't set in stone that Ian and Phil''s project will be glitch free, believe that....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Funny thing is, I bet Madden @K10 will have money plays too. You guys act like the developer stated "I put plays in the game that could not be stopped on purpose" The guy even basically said at the end he wasn't aware of the nano-blitzing, "He did that one play I couldn't stop" Do you think the developers sit around and try to find glitches in the game like nano-blitzing?!?!? They probably find out after the game is released when some cheeser fdiscovers the trash and starts exploiting it online. Damn I understand supporting Ian and stuff, but bashing past developers and all this isht has gone too far. Get over it and hope the new MAdden will be better. IT ain't set in stone that Ian and Phil''s project will be glitch free, believe that....
So its okay for the developers to take what flaws cheesers find in their games and use it themselves???..I think thats everyones true issue with this post is..not that they exist..but the former developers would actually abuse them after finding out about them, and not try to fix them for those that dont cheese...

Xbox Live - SaveUs D2J
Old 03-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
"Do you think the developers sit around and try to find glitches in the game like nano-blitzing?!?!?"

are you kidding me? nano blitzing had been apart of madden for some time even included how they describe a nano blitz in 2005:
Ryan Ferwerda
"(If)You Took Ray Lewis and Defensive Playmaker I Would Blitz Him Up The Middle Every....Single....Play and with That Combo All Those Guys Up Front You Have Guys 3 Step Drop Sack"

so first off they already knew about the nano and as developers they SHOULD sit around and try to find glitches because thats the point of making games or release a beta

Second what developer wants a game released with glitches? well until i saw this video i believed none and i dont think you will see any developers of ANY other game enjoying their own mistakes
Old 03-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #44
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
i dont think you will see any developers of ANY other game enjoying their own mistakes
Thats the part thats so damn infuriating.

Seeing that kind of ignorance is just.....ahh, I'd better stop before I end up with my first ever infraction.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 10

To be fair in this video you see a more humane side of the development team and David Ortiz seems like the most sane person on the crew but guess what..........he was fired and i dont think it was his fault but i do know as the boss that leads the team of madden your the first one the EA owners look to when things are wrong and also the first member of the regime ousted.

Here is a Article about David Ortiz

Here is a Article about His Resignation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 15

The old developers deserve every bit of flack they get from us. If they even play tested the past 3 Maddens, I'd be surprised. I still can't find the 85 new features in Madden 09.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #47
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

My $.02...

I can understand some of the comments in this thread but realize that much of the videos offered as examples were are the request of marketing & PR. Here's how this works...

We finish the game in June, hopefully finding all of the game-killing glitches and flaws that you guys often complain about. Our team continues to test/play the game sometimes coming across some strategies (or glitches). At about that time, our marketing & PR friends often set up opportunities for us to talk about the game.

In the videos linked at the top of the thread, these were interviews in which the designers were asked to share their favorite glitches. I think it was for some big ESPN pay per view or something like that. Don't hate on guys like dcas, Bailey, or Ferwerda for talking about that stuff. They were just doing as they were told. Also understand that nobody on the team keeps glitches in the shipping product with the hopes of unleasing them on their friends. They mostly likely found the glitches that were in the video through playing in some post-final tournaments.

In this case, I would say that our team was just doing their best to make the producer of the show happy with the ultimate goal of good television. They didn't enjoy shipping a game with glitches.

Anyways, just some background into what likely happend with these videos.

Phil
Old 03-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Does that trend stop with you Phil?
You wouldn't let your team do this again would you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »