Home

interactive sidelines and extra charaters or all detail on the field

This is a discussion on interactive sidelines and extra charaters or all detail on the field within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: interactive charaters or detail on 22 players on the field
i want interactive charaters if it means some sacrafice to player details 76 80.85%
no don't sacrafice player details 18 19.15%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #33
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: interactive sidelines and extra charaters or all detail on the field

graphics are so overrated! We managed to play video games for years on a 8bit system. I am a fan of Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms which the graphics are so juvenile but the game has crazy replay vaule I still play versions of that game that came out 6 or 7 years ago. I am gameplay over graphics all day! Nothing is worst than games like Ironman that look great but have no replay vaule at all.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ I don't think it's fair to put 8-Bit games in the equation. It was a much different time, and at that time the graphics looked fantastic because until the 16-Bit generation hit, we had nothing better to compare to it.

As far as comparing some RPG's... that's hard to do to because RPG's are a different animal targeted at a different type of gamer.

I agree that it's gameplay over graphics, but gameplay rules over everything. Having AI sidelines is not really a part of gameplay since you don't control anything there. It's an atmospheric element. The question is, do you want to get that and watch your overall graphical picture take a dive, or could you be happy with cutscenes that essentially bring you the same thing while being able to maintain the same overall graphical level?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #35
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Call me a graphics man or whatever but I would rather have detailed players/fields that look better than Madden 09 than to have a game that looks like Madden 08 but with interactive sidelines. Interactive sidelines are cool but after playing a football game with them about 3-4 times, they really aren't that noticeable since I'm not focusing on them. So yeah... I vote more detail but overall, having both detail (that's better than Madden 09) and interactive sidelines would be great and the best choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I own the Show and there's still 1 in 5 people a clone of someone else, don't look that impressive to me.
1 in 5 is actually pretty good!

I wouldn't expect everyone to look different. That's far beyond the technology we have right now. I wouldn't expect anything like that in our lifetimes for that matter. I mean, you'd have to have 10's of thousands of different looks.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #37
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
^^^ I don't think it's fair to put 8-Bit games in the equation. It was a much different time, and at that time the graphics looked fantastic because until the 16-Bit generation hit, we had nothing better to compare to it.

As far as comparing some RPG's... that's hard to do to because RPG's are a different animal targeted at a different type of gamer.

I agree that it's gameplay over graphics, but gameplay rules over everything. Having AI sidelines is not really a part of gameplay since you don't control anything there. It's an atmospheric element. The question is, do you want to get that and watch your overall graphical picture take a dive, or could you be happy with cutscenes that essentially bring you the same thing while being able to maintain the same overall graphical level?
You're right i meant atmosphere over graphics! Thanks for correcting me

But like I said I can play old games even today if the replay vaule is high and I think it is tied closer to atmosphere than graphics. Especially in sports game. Right now every time I play Madden or NCAA it feels the same and it tends to get boring alot faster IMO.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
But like I said I can play old games even today if the replay vaule is high and I think it is tied closer to atmosphere than graphics. Especially in sports game. Right now every time I play Madden or NCAA it feels the same and it tends to get boring alot faster IMO.
I agree with that. I can still play Tecmo Super Bowl and have a lot of fun. It had nice cutscenes, too
Old 03-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #39
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I agree with that. I can still play Tecmo Super Bowl and have a lot of fun. It had nice cutscenes, too
Yeah I do think its sad that a game 20years ago has the same amount of personality(and more replay vaule) as games do now!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
graphics are so overrated! We managed to play video games for years on a 8bit system. I am a fan of Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms which the graphics are so juvenile but the game has crazy replay vaule I still play versions of that game that came out 6 or 7 years ago. I am gameplay over graphics all day! Nothing is worst than games like Ironman that look great but have no replay vaule at all.
Romance of The Three Kingdoms is one of the best games ever created based on sheer replay value alone. LOL and that game is as wack graphically as it gets. Still that game cannot be compared to Madden in anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »