Home

Request to EA (Ian)...get rid of the "glow" around the players for '10

This is a discussion on Request to EA (Ian)...get rid of the "glow" around the players for '10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Request to EA (Ian)...get rid of the "glow" around the players for '10

Too many "Hey Ian" posts clutter up the boards. There's obviously no discussion here. Like Sage just said, what's Ian (or anyone) going to say about player glow?

You give people an inch, they take a mile. Ian put himself out here for all kinds of feedback, the rest of the board didn't.

Some of the threads that specifically name Ian are actually viable posts that can spur worthwhile discussion and debate. 95% of the posts are not though. Use common sense people, post it in the wishlist forum (that Ian visits) or send it in a PM. Just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he doesn't read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Too many "Hey Ian" posts clutter up the boards. There's obviously no discussion here. Like Sage just said, what's Ian (or anyone) going to say about player glow?

You give people an inch, they take a mile. Ian put himself out here for all kinds of feedback, the rest of the board didn't.

Some of the threads that specifically name Ian are actually viable posts that can spur worthwhile discussion and debate. 95% of the posts are not though. Use common sense people, post it in the wishlist forum (that Ian visits) or send it in a PM. Just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he doesn't read.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #27
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Dont take it out on Sage. There are TOO MANY of these "hey Ian", "to Ian", "Ian I want your kids" threads. I tried, I tried to post in all the "Ian" threads to let people know, just send a PM. But there is just too many of them now, and nobody listens.

So I just stopped clicking/posting on/in them. But I come here, and guess what? Few people sayin to send him a PM. Guess who? Sage, and you already know Cusefan.

So just, just, please send a PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #28
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Hmmm. Who to side with... Sage, been here since 02 and well known around the boards.

Or the 2 people trying to get Ians attention, who signed up 5 months ago...

This one is a doozy

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #29
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22

I just Joined here lately but seriously i'm with Sage i'm tierd of seeing hey Ian threads every minute.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #30
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
Hmmm. Who to side with... Sage, been here since 02 and well known around the boards.

Or the 2 people trying to get Ians attention, who signed up 5 months ago...

This one is a doozy
ooh ooh i pick the new people! haha oh ... wait....
my head hurts...
Old 03-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #31
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ16
If anyone from EA ever reads this, just PLEASE get rid of the fake looking blue-ish "glow" around the players. Go play MLB the Show 08 or especially 09 to know what natural lighting should look like.

Different sport I know,but if you can simulate light like MLB the Show does, it will help out the visual realism tremendously.

also, you need to add the "little things" that MLB 09 and NBA2k9 do
as well. Little subtle nuances of player animations that add to the enjoyment.

Ex: in NBA 2k9 LeBron James chews his finger nails while waiting for player to shoot his free throws instead of just standing there. Just a subtle touch that is perfect.

Some things for football:
- adjusting shoulder pads or facemask
- replacing or picking up a mouthpiece off the ground
- player adjusting his gloves before the snap
- QB wiping his hands on a towel as he walks up to the center
- butt slap animations (I know that sounds funny, but you see it all the time in sports) (See Brett Favre)
- trash talk... heck even NFL 95 had it. (if you've played that game you know what I'm talking about)

Now, I know "gameplay" has it's needs, but that is too long and for another thread.

when a user makes a thread like this.....there is a COMPLETE DISRESPECT for his fellow members---acting as if no one else has noticed this for past 7 months.

i sent a PM to mike young on this very topic back in December...to which he replied...

"For the second point it is a rim light (when done well is a great addition) which we are working to improve for 2010.

Thanks,

Mike Y"
Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 13

1. There isn't a rule that states "no hey [insert devs name]" threads...it's all your matter of opinion (your opinion)...
a) which has no place in this thread because it's not related to the thread;
b) who cares if a TITLE has "hey ian" in it??!?! seriously who cares about the title of a thread, as long as it's related to the content of the forum/thread??? it's pedantic beyond words.
c) Ian is old and smart enough to know he doesn't have to respond to a thread even if it says "hey ian" in the title...and he doesn't most of the time unless the content is something he wants to respond too.... that's not for you guys to decide.

2. If sage has been on here for sooooo long, he should know better than to tell somebody to f*** off and then have another ridiculous argument with another user.

3. This teaming up because you all don't like repetition is fair enough but that can be labelled at every thread created and until no "hey ian" threads make it into the new forum rules... none of you have a leg to stand on...

This shouldn't even be an argument... because the op didn't break any rules.... the issue is a matter of opinion... an opinion on a subject that isn't important.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »