Home

Owner Mode or Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Owner Mode or Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Owner Mode or Franchise Mode?

The only owner mode options I liked was:

• having a budget and needing the team to make money; even though that was never an issue but I like the idea
  • the ability to create a new team (the year they added the new expansion teams in the NFL was really cool option)
  • and the ability to move a team
The rest of it was just annoying. I hated having to sit and increase my prices every few years. Very annoying.

All it amount to was just work and there was no logic to it. I also agree no owner in the league is making stupid decisions like that, a lot don't own the stadium, and most are contracted out.

HEAD COACH's combine didn't work for me. The times for 40's and such were all bugged. There would be like 20 people with all the exact same times for every category (40's, cones, vertical jump, bench, etc. all the same). So, to me Head Coach's Combine wasn broken. I liked the scouting aspect of head coach except what they did with the combine; I just hit o every it gave me combine results to skip it.

Last edited by stux; 03-19-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You know, there's no reason they can't do it all, ya know? Take an NFL head Coach approach as far as the AI... and that's the biggest thing... people like Head Coach because it was so well done from a computer AI approach. CPU teams made moves that made sense, they were a worthy opponent in the off-season competing for players.

If they combined aspects of Head Coach career mode and a traditional owner mode into one seamless uber-mode, I'd be thrilled.
Yes I still want all of this.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
You know, there's no reason they can't do it all, ya know? Take an NFL head Coach approach as far as the AI... and that's the biggest thing... people like Head Coach because it was so well done from a computer AI approach. CPU teams made moves that made sense, they were a worthy opponent in the off-season competing for players.

If they combined aspects of Head Coach career mode and a traditional owner mode into one seamless uber-mode, I'd be thrilled.
LOL man there you go with that Head Coach again man, but what you just stated it what I want. I want it all.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #60
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Thats why we need a Jerry Jones Mode!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

NFL Head Coach, but able to play the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 19

I liked owner mode. But, how about the option to simply turn off owner mode, and run a regular franchise.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #63
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
LOL man there you go with that Head Coach again man, but what you just stated it what I want. I want it all.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just want a Madden without kinks - solid gameplay and GM Mode. The only thing is that i have afeeling if they implement something new like a GM mode, the 1st year will be a bust. EA can't seem to ever get things right 1st time around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »