Home

What would you rather have?

This is a discussion on What would you rather have? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Whichsstem is better?
The Number System 43 67.19%
The Perk System 9 14.06%
Both Combined In A Way 12 18.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
What would you rather have?

Do you like the number system we have now? Or would you like something similiar to APF 2k8, but players can have some more abilities and we don't have Gold, Silver, Bronze.

I like the system similiar to APF because it is more realistic. Also, it keeps players balanced, but they have their things they excel at. Thats just like the NFL. Most players are close in skill, but LT will be way more agile than CP.

But I think they should improve it and add negative perks. A WR can have Hops, Speed Burner, Route God, but to counter it he would also have Low Strength, Low Stamina, Hard Hand.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What would you rather have?

the numbers are ALWAYS going to be there regardless if they are shown or not. So i would rather see the numbers to know the exacts.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Number system gives you more control when editing rosters. Maybe you think TO is too fast, but not agile enough? It's easier to edit the roster with the number system.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm a numbers guy....So the numbers system will always remain my favorite. In fact, I tried APF's system and didnt' quite like it. Besides, that's an important part of the Madden movement, what your particular favorite player/team is rated. You can't take that out, that's like changing the name to NFL football 10 without the "Madden" in it....that would be just weird.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Numbers!
Im tired of dumbed down systems. Ooo look at the pretty gold and silver names. Ooo look at the pretty ratings bars.
Numbers give exact and unargueable(sp) ratings that cant be argued with

Last edited by Sanchez_Mareno; 03-20-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

Numbers.

2K's system worked on numbers we just didn't have user access to see them or make mods... and it really got ridiculous when creating players. How did you know who was faster or stronger etc.?

It was one of those things that sounded good on paper but in practice was a question mark rather than an innovation.

In real life, everything a player does is rated by someone in some way. Whether it be their 40 time, or bench press, etc. These things aren't meant to be a numeric mystery and they need to be covered by a number of different ratings.

With Madden, ratings just need to mean more and it looks like they're working hard towards that.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

I should also point out, that the "perk" system already exists with Weapons it just doesn't actually do anything in it's current state. I don't like weapons for that reason alone, also the actual graphic cheapens the picture.

A shutdown corner in Madden can have that Weapon but not really play that way. They should play like real shutdown corners and force me not to throw in that direction or risk a pick 6.

The goal has got to be to make those identified players play like their real life counterparts in terms of how they impact the other teams gameplanning.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Numbers for the great reasons already posted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »