Home

Madden 10 the Book that comes with Game.

This is a discussion on Madden 10 the Book that comes with Game. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Madden 10 the Book that comes with Game.

Remember a few years a go when you bought Madden it would come with a booklet 25-30 pages. Contained within the booklet was tidbits about the new features, control scheme, description of the different modes and mini games. Somewhere along the line the booklets disappeared from our games only to be replaced with pamphlets 2-3 pages with little detail.

So here's the question do you miss the booklet? Do we need it or do the in game demo's make up for the lack of written detail?

I know there is probably little that can be done about including a booklet in Madden 10 because all efforts where probably already budgeted for this project. But what about an E-booklet that we would be able to download and printout before or as the game ships?

It wouldn't take that much time, and it wouldn't cost that much money. It would have a major impact on a large percentage of your customer base.

If I'm the producer I would find a way to make this happen. Who knows, eventually all other EA Sports follow suite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 10 the Book that comes with Game.

I aways like d reading the manual on the way home. Though I did finish it in around 5 minutes. But now I finish in 5 seconds. When any game I get has a manual thats pretty decent in size I must read i. I don't read a lot, but for some reason I read a game manual, lol.

― Plato
Old 03-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

One may wonder why the booklets were reduced so much in size, and the reason may simply be that after the jump to next gen, the games have just not been as deep as they once were. Again just a thought, however if i had a choice i would like there to be as much info on controls and game modes in those booklets as possible. It wont do anything but hurt to NOT have all the info in there that one would need.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm sure it's all about reducing cost and maximizing profit like any company should try to do.

It's cheaper to put it on the DVD, either in videos that show what is new, or line an online type of manual. Doesn't cost them one penny once it's in the code. But booklets cost for every page that is printed. Multiply by millions of copies and it can be significant.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39

That why I want an E copy I can download and print on my own dime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
That why I want an E copy I can download and print on my own dime.
You really shouldnt even have to do that. The instruction manual should come with the game just like instructions come with a model car. Its part of the total package that you purchase.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd like to see a bigger game manual too.

For some reason I just like having something in print I can thumb through. I even buy the strategy guides each year. I just enjoy looking through it.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6
Angry Re: Madden 10 the Book that comes with Game.

I was pretty peeved there was no book. I need something to reference how to audible to return on-side kicks - I can never remember how to do it and I end up button mashing until they kick off and recover it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »