Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #73
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Michael Young screen shot blog is up

Anyone else also notice in the last picture the ball looks fine in Ben's hands and proportionate?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 25

Great great blog!

New features I notices from the pic that were not mewntioned in this thread yer are...

Eye black- If you look at the 2nd shot of Big Ben, he is wearing eye black.

Chin Straps- The chin straps are animated, if you look at Ben's helmet, he has enough strap sticking out to grab and pull down (unsnapping it). Just my opinion...but I certainly feel as if they animate in some way.

Dynamic lighting- If you look at the pic of Ben, you can see they have added an all new dynamic lighting system of some kind. The way the light functions within the interactive environment is unlike anything I've ever seen in Madden before...and I'm not talking about DOF either.

Jerseys- I swear the jerseys are animated to some kind of a degree, I could have sworn I saw an actual piece of a shoulder pad in the 1st screenshot. Well, based on this one I'm fairly certain that the jerseys will have some kind of ability to move.

I am completely blown away with the level of detail, and the broadsweeping scope & scale at which this design team has approach this years version of the game. Not onlty will we see a Madden that truely represents Next-Gen, we will see a video game that sets the bar for gaming standards well beyond the sporting genre.

We all come to these forums to talk, communicate, and share ideas. We all have hopes for what we think this game can become. We all have a vision, a idealogical concept of what we eventually want Madden NFL to be.

In the past, we all have had to come away with our heads down saying "Maybe next year." In the past, we all have come away with our hopes dashed saying "Maybe, next year will be the year."

Ladies & gentlemen, I am so happy to honestly say...this year is THE year. That game we all haved hoped to get...is finally in the making...and we all have been able to contribute (no matter how great or small) in its inception.

To the Dev. Team-

Thank you, thank you for hearing our voice & acting on the things we have communicated. Thank you for taking this great game back to its roots, and restoring our confidence in you & rewarding our (at times tough) love for this game with the greatest edition in its history.

Thank you for putting up with our complaining, bickering, and ill tempered rants. But more importantly, thank you for being able to take criticism & at times harshly pointed frustrations (no matter if they were valid or not).

Its been fun getting to know you guys (to the extent that we have), and good luck on the completion of what is shaping up to be the defining next-gen title to date. Your hard work is apprecaited.

Sincerely,
Izzy-
Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 15

^^^ Wholeheartedly agree. Nice post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #76
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Anyone else also notice in the last picture the ball looks fine in Ben's hands and proportionate?

I agree. I think it may be slightly large (maybe), but no where near as large as we were making out to be. I had said in the first screenshot thread that after further review, it could've just been the angle that we were looking at to make the ball seem so huge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
With that said, I think we're making a fuss out of small issue. I just fiddled around with the Madden 09 demo and while the football was still a little large, it was no where near the behomoth the ball was in Madden 08. So if the ball is even smaller than it was last year (which wasn't a big distraction in 09 IMO), I think it's ok.

Call me crazy, but I think the angle in which the screenshot is presented makes the ball appear larger than what it might possibly be.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Referees on the Field
Unlike last-gen which only had 5, we were able to get all 7 referees in to Madden NFL 10 with AI and a full suite of avoidance (and collision) animations.
Chain Gang on the Sidelines
Because you see it on Sunday, the chain gang has been added back. They dynamically move up and down the sideline giving clear indication of the first down spot and line of scrimmage.
^ My two favorite things from that blog.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #78
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Man, this whole thing with 7 refs and collision detection is scaring me. If they can pull it of thats great, but I'm seeing that actually pulling resources from other spots. I dont want my game crashing or freezing up randomly. I would have taken 1 or 2 refs on the field with the rest of those resources directed to the players on the sideline.
if they put those resources to players on the sideline the resources would still be used.. ye tyou just said youre scared about freezing and crashing.

besides.. the systems can handle much more than a 7 refs. ever heard of grand theft auto?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 15

This really is an exceptional blog.

To explain to us in such loving technical detail about the camera effects shows me that Michael really respects our opinions and also has a real love and pride of what he is doing with Madden and NCAA.

It is such a relief to have these guys (Phil, Ian, Donny, Michael) on board and treating us like the adults we are instead of David Ortiz and his now immortal classic 'You wouldn't understand' comment.

The time thay are all taking to not only program these new featues but also show us in these weekly updates is a true revelation and come August I hope that all their effort pays off. It is certainly looking very hopeful indeed.

As for the actual information in the blog, I am blown away (as usual) by what I am hearing. The refs in particular I cannot wait to see. The player models shown with the new depth of field effects are just simply stunning and I can only hope that the replay cameras and post play scenes utilise this new tech as is deserving.

Animated towels? Not my thing (Sorry Guilly) but the simple fact that they are there is a mission statement that shows me, yes, these guys really mean business.

Great, great work so far. Cannot wait to see what unveils itself in the coming months, especially this 'new tech' Ian talked of, the OL/DL and franchise.

Colour me very, very impressed.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Man, this whole thing with 7 refs and collision detection is scaring me. If they can pull it of thats great, but I'm seeing that actually pulling resources from other spots. I dont want my game crashing or freezing up randomly. I would have taken 1 or 2 refs on the field with the rest of those resources directed to the players on the sideline.
DAMNIT!

First people complain that there are no refs...Now people complain when there are 7 refs with full A.I...wtf lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »