Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #161
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Michael Young screen shot blog is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
That is a known bug that we couldn't fix in time. Trust me it will be correct when the game ships. I'll try to post a screenshot here when we fix it.
Yeah I think I pointed it out a few posts down that all the players were wearing the adams helmet, even the players with the revolution helmets had an adams helmet but a revolution facemask.

I knew you guys weren't going to leave that as is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #162
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I noticed that big ben's throwing arm looks like his muscle's are flexing a little bit more than when he was looking for a open reciever before he releases the ball???

If you look real close at his face it looks like he's smiling a bit or grining???

They re-worked Big Ben from that top picture to what you see in the final two.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #163
Madden NFL Art Director

OVR: 21

If you guys see any players that bug you in screenshots from here to ship just send me a PM and we'll take a second look. We'll get shots of all the teams out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Know what would be cool? If from now until the end of development Michael could post a short blog with a picture of one high profile player from each team. Although the art team is clearly doing a great job, the community might have suggestions on some of the big name players like they did with Ben which could help improve the realism in the model and the jerseys. I'd hate for Big Ben to be the only one to get the "special treatment" and not any others. Although I'm sure they're constantly tweaking them anyway.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #164
Pro

OVR: 9

I made a suggestion earlier...I think it would be really sweet if you were able to take some snapshots of a few of the big name players on every team to make sure that we can have the same possibility that we had with Big Ben for other players on our teams. Hope that's a possibility
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #165
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Big Ben looks great but I was comparing the game to the real photos of him in this thread and his facemask is not correct. His mask has a weird curve in it that extends the bottom down past his chin a bit to give him more protection. I don't think any other QBs have it but if you look at a real photo you will see what I mean. It really isn't a big deal to me but if it were a Viking I would def want it as close to the real deal as possible. As a matter of fact every year on the next gen system Tavarius Jackson is wearing a Peyton Manning looking facemask and he has NEVER even wore that helmet. It is so far off but luckily the one he does wear is in the game and can be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #166
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
If you guys see any players that bug you in screenshots from here to ship just send me a PM and we'll take a second look. We'll get shots of all the teams out.
Oh really!? Would you be posting new screens every week or every other week? Sorry if you already answered this Michael....

Great work btw!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #167
Banned

OVR: 26

We need to be focusing on the bodies not the equipment. Players switch equipment all the time but their bodies rarely change. Let's help Michael and the crew get the bodies correct and we can change equipment when the game is released.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #168
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...adly-do-2.html

I could make a list right now of every player in the game with the wrong equipment and what to change but I don't know what new facemasks/helmets you guys are adding so some of those would be tough.

Last edited by KANE699; 03-25-2009 at 08:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »