Home

Presentation in 2K5

This is a discussion on Presentation in 2K5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Presentation in 2K5

I KNOW this has been talked about 120941825 times roughly, but what I just saw was mind boggling. I owned 2K5 when it came out, and certain things I do not recall.

My friend just finished his game, and decided to watch the post-game show. That in itself was great. Then Chris Berman says "lets go down to the field with Suzy Kulber who is with tonight's player of the game."

I was like "WHAT???" And next thing I know, she asked Thomas Jones a question and he gave a pretty lengthy response. Both my friend and I were both completely blown away by that. It's incredible to think of what this game accomplished on an overall much weaker console.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Madden fanboy. Madden 04 has been my favorite STILL to date. But the guys taking on the presentation for Madden NOW, need to take a deep look into 2K5's game. Even if they don't use ESPN's TM in Madden, they can use NFL Network, and deliver a similar style presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #2
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Presentation in 2K5

Let's just put it this way. If Madden doesn't have the deepness of ESPN's presentation (including the flawless commentator transitions that you mentioned), they ain't seeing my $59.99 this year. Now someone may say "OMG, U R BEING SO HARSH!! what if the gameplay is better??!?!?". Doubt it. Great presentation almost always comes with great gameplay. If one is lacking, the other is probably suspect as well.

Last edited by N@X_WiZaRD; 03-26-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:37 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

2K5 is EPIC.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
Let's just put it this way. If Madden doesn't have the deepness of ESPN's presentation (including the flawless commentator transitions that you mentioned), they ain't seeing my $59.99 this year. Now someone may say "OMG, U R BEING SO HARSH!! what if the gameplay is better??!?!?". Doubt it. Great presentation almost always comes with great gameplay. If one is lacking, the other is probably suspect as well.
I doubt that it'll have the presentation of 2k5. I loved NFL 2k5, and think it was a great game, and to this day it's still a great game, but people put it a little too high on a pedestal and act like it didn't have its flaws. Both games have things they do well, and things they need to improve on and if 2k5 is still a better title to you and you'd prefer to play that over a newer Madden title more power to you. $60 saved for you, and I have a feeling EA will be able to survive without it.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
I see what you're saying. It will take A LOT of hard work for the presentation to be nearly as deep as 2K5 was. And a lot of memory on the disk. Hopefully they can greatly improve upon last year's though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 01:48 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetter21
I doubt that it'll have the presentation of 2k5. I loved NFL 2k5, and think it was a great game, and to this day it's still a great game, but people put it a little too high on a pedestal and act like it didn't have its flaws. Both games have things they do well, and things they need to improve on and if 2k5 is still a better title to you and you'd prefer to play that over a newer Madden title more power to you. $60 saved for you, and I have a feeling EA will be able to survive without it.
I will say 2K5 definitely did have it's flaws. But as far as the total football game experience, it blows Madden 06-09 out of the water.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetter21
Sure, NFL 2k5 definitely had it's flaws. But presentation certainly wasn't one of them. And after 5 years, is it really so unfair to expect EA to AT LEAST match it on a console that's 20x+ powerful as it's predecessors? I mean, I'm not even saying that it has to be better. Just the same quality! That's how low the bar has been set, lol.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
Banned

Haha, if you ask me... The bar is still set pretty high. Especially with how good the presentation truly was ;]
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »