Home

Presentation in 2K5

This is a discussion on Presentation in 2K5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 23
Re: Presentation in 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
2K5 is EPIC.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:54 AM   #10
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

I hung out in the EA Madden forums for the last coulple years before coming here recently. A few weeks ago I stumbed across this vid on U Tube and I posted it in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAiQj--cpI

Many people in there never played 2k5 before (myself included) and never knew the presentation was this cool. I've owned every Madden since it all started, and I guess I just felt too loyal and satisfied with Madden back in 04-05 to buy 2k5.

Wow did I miss out. I went out and bought a copy of it, and APF 2k8 a couple weeks ago just to see everything first hand instead of all the U Tube videos, and I must say, I can't argue with anyone who says this game sets the bar. Especially in the presentation department.

If Madden 10 can at least get some of this presentation I'll be satisfied. I still think gameplay comes first, so I would never want to see too much disc space eaten up for presentation if it meant downgrading gameplay, or franchise mode depth.

I think Ian and co. are on the right track, so I'm very optimistic about everything for M10. My expectations for presentation are not real high, but I have a feeling Ian may surprise us here.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I hung out in the EA Madden forums for the last coulple years before coming here recently. A few weeks ago I stumbed across this vid on U Tube and I posted it in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAiQj--cpI

Many people in there never played 2k5 before (myself included) and never knew the presentation was this cool. I've owned every Madden since it all started, and I guess I just felt too loyal and satisfied with Madden back in 04-05 to buy 2k5.

Wow did I miss out. I went out and bought a copy of it, and APF 2k8 a couple weeks ago just to see everything first hand instead of all the U Tube videos, and I must say, I can't argue with anyone who says this game sets the bar. Especially in the presentation department.

If Madden 10 can at least get some of this presentation I'll be satisfied. I still think gameplay comes first, so I would never want to see too much disc space eaten up for presentation if it meant downgrading gameplay, or franchise mode depth.

I think Ian and co. are on the right track, so I'm very optimistic about everything for M10. My expectations for presentation are not real high, but I have a feeling Ian may surprise us here.
Couldn't have said so better myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 04:34 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 35

I Love ESPN NFL 2K5
Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm currently playing franchise mode with the saints (2K5) and I've just won the super bowl. After the game Suzy Kolber even goes to the locker room and you can see players celebrating, it actually feels like you've accomplished something.

Hopefully Madden brings something similar, same goes for the pro bowl. I don't know about you guys, but I've only played one super bowl and one pro bowl in Madden 09 to see if they finally made it look like the big game it should be while I play every super bowl in 2K5

Seeing things like super bowl patches and team specific zones gives me hope that this year might be a big step up in the bowl department.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:28 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Madden is now on the right track, sure 10 won't have the level of presentation of 2k5, but at least from reading yesterday's blog, it will have some presentation, possibly second best, when you consider that 09 and its predecessors had 0 presentation, that's a good start.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:44 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael
I'm currently playing franchise mode with the saints (2K5) and I've just won the super bowl. After the game Suzy Kolber even goes to the locker room and you can see players celebrating, it actually feels like you've accomplished something.

Hopefully Madden brings something similar, same goes for the pro bowl. I don't know about you guys, but I've only played one super bowl and one pro bowl in Madden 09 to see if they finally made it look like the big game it should be while I play every super bowl in 2K5

Seeing things like super bowl patches and team specific zones gives me hope that this year might be a big step up in the bowl department.
Man, I haven't played a franchise since I bought it again for $1! Me and my friend are trying to get the rosters up to date before we start a franchise up.

I may just start one so I can with the Super Bowl though :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 06:28 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 13

I think people are setting their expectations a little to high at this point.

I dont disagree that the presentation needs drastic work, but to those expecting NFL 2k5 quality presentation, its not going to happen, at least not this year. I honestly dont believe presentation is really high on their list of priorities this year. With the supposed big changes come to franchise mode and all the gameplay changes we are hearing about, I expect only minor improvements in overall presentation.

I can only hope that they improve gameplay and chise enough so that presentation can be a top focus for Madden 2011.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »