Home

To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall

This is a discussion on To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #17
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yal

I can't help but ...

Gameplay and presentation go hand & hand. Enough of this foolishness where folks are willing to settle for one and not the other.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yal

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #19
Banned

N@X_WiZaRD's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
A great game with poor graphics and poor presentation may not be as engrossing, engaging, or satisfying on the surface, but it's still a great game. I point to High Heat as my evidence. A game with great presentation and **** gameplay is a **** game, and I point to 2k's baseball franchise as my evidence.

Gameplay first... presentation is critical, but not quite as important. If you are going to throw one out, it's gotta be presentation.
Actually 2k baseball presentation has been subpar to awful ever since they lost ESPN in 2006. Coincidentally, they started to suck during that time.

Usually when you start to get lazy on one aspect of the game, the other aspects (like gameplay) suffer as well.

In this case, 2k was obviously trying to follow EA's developing philosophy by monopolizing a sport and making minor improvements every year. This also meant putting less emphasis on presentation. It probably would have worked too if their exclusivity deal was more all-encompassing. But unfortunately for 2k, they still had competition from first party Sony developers MLB 2kx. After a few iterations of the 2k series, fans ultimately realized what they were missing out on, and switched to "The Show". Same thing would have happened to Madden if 2k were allowed to continue their series on the PS3/X360 but the complete monopoly shielded EA's incompetence.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Apex, I ask that you aslo be fair when talkign about game play.

While some of your videos are right on in regards to animations, clipping, and glitches, to be fair you are also dead wrong on other things.

I love how over and over you make videos about how sped or rattings mean nothing or that the MLB picking off a bullet pass is unrelisitc, or that defenders to try to stop passes and when they do it is either 100% tip or collision detecion makes it go through thier hands. I urge you to look at my video on youtube found here and tell me what you think.

Game play is BIG deal and can make or break a game, but Presentation does as well. 2k5 has a lot of AI flaws in game play but the presentation is so stunnign that players forgive the gameplay shortcommings. the problem with madden is the lack of presentation causes users to break down the flaws in game play leaving them with nothing to be happy with.

The two go hand in hand. If Madden has great presentation many palyers will forgive the gameplay, if it has fantstic gameplay this year [finally?] we could forgive poor presentation [becasue ian and his crew have shown us REAL progress]. If we have both, we may have the greates NFL eve. if we have nither, well, we'll have one of the worst. [You have to WORK to be as bad as QB Club 02]
A couple things that I will point out about your video is that one, it is in practice mode. I have never seen the LB make those unrealistic plays in practice. Pretty much just see it in actual games when the CPU decides that it needs to make a play. Another thing, I haven't seen it too much playing on all pro, I would say 90% of the time when I see it it is on all madden. In all madden the CPU plays over its ratings more than on all pro and makes more of these crazy plays. The problem is playing on all pro the AI is so bad that there is no real challenge.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Okay...I've gotten a few complaints about this thread and have decided to shut it down. We don't want to give off the idea that the OP is speaking for the majority of OS when he isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »