Home

Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

This is a discussion on Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

The tackle stick in APF was awesome. You ahve to know how to use it, You dont knwo how many tackles i got becuase of it. When you have a blocker on you and your guy is tryign to get to the outside, if you use that stick you can actually get the tackle. You dont just get to the outside and your gone.

As a matter of fact i just got done playing about an hour ago, and i got a nice tackle on Barry Sanders using my reach tackle. IF i had no reach tackle he would have taken it to the house. There are some people that have sick skills using the hit stick. I am ok with it, buti have caused the WR to drop the ball a ton becuase if you time it right and you lack the smack with it, you can jar the ball loose.

Just becuase 1 person doesnt knwo how to use it, doesnt mean its not useful. Its really nice if you take the time to learn how to use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #26
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Exactly. The only SERIOUS issue with APF was its longevity. Its gameplay is ace. People who said it was trash were just hung up by the whole non NFL game nonsense.

If you don't have this game in your collection, and call yourself a video game football fan, you suck. Especially at its dirt cheap price now.
I was in the store yesterday buying RE5 and I looked at APF and saw the 7.19 price tag. I thought to myself "uh... I already have 2k5, and 2k5 has NFL and roster updates online... no thanks."

I can't justify spending any money on that game when I have 2k5. Reading the reviews also said that you can't even make 2 dream teams to play against which was going to be the main selling point to me. I can download the 1986 rosters with Montana, Rice, Lott, LT, Elway, Marino, Marcus Allen, etc. That was a great season and roster to mess with. There are others as well.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #27
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

Lets try to keep this about Madden hits and not APF...
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #28
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

I belive that 08 on my XBox had th Highlight stick for runners so that power backs ran people over, finess runners avoided players and blanced running styles would alternate [like LT]. I think the same idea should apply for Defense. A corner shouldn't be trucking people unless it is Ronnie Lott or someone like him [yes Lott played CB at the begining of his carrer.] There should be tackling styles. If I were to create Dieon Sanders, he shouldn't be able to lay people out with the hit stick, and if I attempted a hit stick he should just do a special "finess/wrap up the legs" tackle.

This game was gradually taking steps forward adn on the Next gen it took MANY steps backwards. In many ways we are just trying to get back to where we once were. By now the hit stick and highlight sticks should have been tuned. However, they wern't and hopefully we will be able to move forward at a much faster and productive pace with Ian at the helm.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #29
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Lets try to keep this about Madden hits and not APF...
That's cool with me. I forgot to include my second post in my first. I hit reply too fast.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I was in the store yesterday buying RE5 and I looked at APF and saw the 7.19 price tag. I thought to myself "uh... I already have 2k5, and 2k5 has NFL and roster updates online... no thanks."

I can't justify spending any money on that game when I have 2k5. Reading the reviews also said that you can't even make 2 dream teams to play against which was going to be the main selling point to me. I can download the 1986 rosters with Montana, Rice, Lott, LT, Elway, Marino, Marcus Allen, etc. That was a great season and roster to mess with. There are others as well.
You are missing out on the best playing "pure football" game of all time. None even come close, not even 2K5. Not in terms of gameplay anyways.

I am sure Madden can do some nice things with a hitstick or turn it into a tackle stick and have it do other things. I doubt it would be to hard to implement.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
The tackle stick in APF was awesome. You ahve to know how to use it, You dont knwo how many tackles i got becuase of it. When you have a blocker on you and your guy is tryign to get to the outside, if you use that stick you can actually get the tackle. You dont just get to the outside and your gone.

As a matter of fact i just got done playing about an hour ago, and i got a nice tackle on Barry Sanders using my reach tackle. IF i had no reach tackle he would have taken it to the house. There are some people that have sick skills using the hit stick. I am ok with it, buti have caused the WR to drop the ball a ton becuase if you time it right and you lack the smack with it, you can jar the ball loose.

Just becuase 1 person doesnt knwo how to use it, doesnt mean its not useful. Its really nice if you take the time to learn how to use it.
Spot on. This tackle stick is VERY fun to use! You can actually play as a LB and work your way through traffic and reach for a tackle. It's very authentic and extremely innovative.

Also for the comment on the big hit button on APF being useless... let's just say if you put time into the game and actually could handle it, big hits are just awesome. That's what makes a big hit awesome, it's rarity. Someone was commenting on how big hits don't happen often and the "stars need to align" for the right situation . APF covered this well. Leave yourself pinned in a lane changing directions, yes a big hit can slam you down. If you are in control in the open you can avoid it easily.

I think madden would benefit greatly from a tackle stick much like what was found in APF. In fact, I encourage they emulate a very similar deal. It adds variety to tackling and allows you to tackle with blockers around you/engaged on you. Making big hits difficult to land is also a big plus they should be going for. Don't get rid of the idea, just make the situations more specific as to when it works!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 22

I think the low hitstick should stay because that is the only way to stop guys like Brandon Jacobs and Marion Barber.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »