Home

Would bringing back the old Vision Cone be that bad?

This is a discussion on Would bringing back the old Vision Cone be that bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #41
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Would bringing back the old Vision Cone be that bad?

It's one of those features that I actually HATED! I hated the very idea of that feature. It made absolutely no sense to me, it's hard as it is trying to get a pass off without that thing. If they put it in, I hope we can toggle it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 8

Put it in, but don't force it upon anyone IMO. Some hate it, some love it. I loved it. I got used to it on offense with some practice, but I felt like it was WAY funner playing defense with it on. I started taking Ed Reed and would try and jump routes if the QB was staring down a WR and I could actually tell where he's looking (and he could look me off too). I thought gameplay wise, it added a ton of realism, although I get that visually it takes away from the experience for many.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 26

I liked it. Made awareness worth something
Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #44
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
It's one of those features that I actually HATED! I hated the very idea of that feature. It made absolutely no sense to me, it's hard as it is trying to get a pass off without that thing. If they put it in, I hope we can toggle it off.
I'm just curious...how did you use the old cone? Everyone who's said they hated it never clarified how they used it. It seems like folks who did like it used the trigger to change targets and not the analog stick, for example: if Jerrico Cotchery is the B receiver on the left side of the field and your QB is looking towards the right sideline, a look and throw to Jerrico would be "RT+B, let go of RT, tap B." As opposed to just mashing B and the QB throwing the ball to a guy who he could have only known was open if he could see through the side of his head

Did you try to swivel the cone all over the field and then try to throw? I just think it'd be better if QBs had to actually visually see where they were throwing the ball, not whipping around and firing a pass across the field to a guy they couldn't see.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #45
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I actually enjoyed the cone. It did look a little silly but, made sense to me. It was realistic to me and really made it a challenge to play with my backup rookie QB when my starter went down. I don't think it should be a default thing but, I would like to have the option to use it if I want to. I think that most people didn't like it because it was a major change to their playing style and never really got comfertable using it.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #46
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
as long as they make passes to guys that are clearly out of the QB's line of sight realistically inaccurate then I'm cool with there not being a cone on the field. But if I'm collapsing the left side of the pocket and the QB starts stepping right while looking right I don't want to see any wild passes to the left sideline that are right at the dude like the QBs peripheral vision extends all the way around his head.

Yeah I feel about the same, the Cone back in the day was a great way to curb the Cheesers(and I loved it because of that)....But if they can finally improve the rest of the game(So that they don't need a great Band Aide like the cone) Id be fine with them leaving it out

Really Im just sick of the fffing "Roll an Chuck" Cheesers....and Hopefully this year they get their asses handed to them for trying that BS

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #47
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Man....I'm getting kind of disappointed with some of the comments I'm seeing in here. I mean, when was the last time you've seen the pocket collapse on a QB in NCAA or Madden because he was holding onto the ball so long trying desperately to find someone to get the ball to? Coverage Sacks, sim is sim man.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
It did look a little silly.
I don't see what was so silly looking about it. It indicates where the QB is looking. Do passing icons and pre-snap adjustment menus look silly ?

Without the vision cone, procedural awareness is meaningless as far as the QB is concerned. WRs, TEs, LBs and DBs have to locate the ball before reacting to it; however, QBs can throw where they're not looking.

Dumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »