Home

Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

This is a discussion on Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
I appreciate the long response, but the "visual" button sequence still seems mechanically redundant and bulky to me.
What would be that hard about pressing a button a second time; it would take what, a split second ?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #50
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
What would be that hard about pressing a button a second time; it would take what, a split second ?
less
Old 04-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggarachi
lmao, ha i didnt like the cone only becuz of looks alone. it wasnt hard(no homo) i just didnt like it on the screen. and there is a HUGE difference between having a giant cone on the field(again no homo) and having some kind of highlighted icon under a single reciever. serves the same purpose yes(which i never protested) but gives a different visual effect which was my problem
I'm sorry but this is a pet peeve of mine. If you have to say (no homo), then it probably is (homo) ex lil wayne. And thats nothing against homo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #52
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14
Hey how about they dnt use a cone but keep the concept of double tapping. this would also mean u can control the head manually with the right analog stick. This way there is no giant shaded cone on the field but you can still look off and stare dwn wrs.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
Hey how about they dnt use a cone but keep the concept of double tapping. this would also mean u can control the head manually with the right analog stick. This way there is no giant shaded cone on the field but you can still look off and stare dwn wrs.
I sort of agree with this, but then at the same time, when you're playing defense and a QB looks at a particular side of the field and lets say it's a bunch formation, you don't know exactly which player he wants to throw it to. I understand the cone isn't the best looking thing, but it is probably the most effective thing in terms of proper representation. I wouldn't mind the double tapping thing, if I would have to come to a compromise, but I'd rather they give us the option for all three ways (since double tapping is basically the same system without the visual cone itself).
Old 04-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
You didn't need forever to get the pass off, you just had to make the right reads. I had no problem with the cone and I don't see what was so stupid about it.

You say that's it's stupid not because it was hard, but because you couldn't make your reads in time? That sounds like it was too hard. It was not impossible to master and I had a ton of success with the Ravens, hardly a QB factory.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or question your abilities, I'm just looking for clarification.
Agreed, the cone was not a hindrance in any way shape or form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Im saying you were usually sacked if especially if you were trying to go for a 15+ yard pass.
This is because you were not good enough at the game. I never had a problem using the cone. I was never "usually sacked when trying to throw 15+ yards".... Maybe I had a different copy of hte game than you? Maybe your game was just broken... that must be it.

Another great thing about the cone is you could actually manipulate a user safety with it! It was great, you could actually mimick a real life QB by looking to one side of the field, and hwen the user safety started to cheat that way you could then switch to the other side.

That's an element of the game that you cannot simulate at this time without the vision cone.

Last edited by CapnKill; 04-02-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 25

i am ALL FOR a "double-tap" button set-up for throwing. The cone looked silly, but it did actually seperate GREAT QB's from Joe-average.

i think the button idea would be GREAT. Those who dont want it can play without it on Rookie/Pro. The SIM guys (pretty much all of us here) would LOVE "something" to make playing as a QB mean something...anything.

Hope we hear something concrete in the coming weeks.

BTW...like one guy said. As it is now you can start/play ANY QB regardless of rating or awareness and do VEY VERY well and even win the MVP with the likes of McNown, O'Sullivan etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #56
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I don't get what you don't get.

Your basically asking if QB has to look at a WR before he throws it. And the answer is obviously yes, but why does that necessarily have to require a passing cone? Don't we have eyes? Why do we have to look at the WR with our own eyes and then push some buttons so the game knows we are indeed using our eyes before actually pushing the pass button? It seems redundant and bulky.

To rectify the issue of non-Sim guys throwing to illogical receivers (i.e. WRs who are on the opposite side of the QB), Madden should just heavily penalize the accuracy/completion rate. That way we won't need a bulky vision cone to do what our natural eyes already do.
oh man..this is where there are two very different perspectives on this issue. If we want a true Sim you have to take your eyes out of the equation so to speak. Thats why the cone was so important. It replicates the vision of the QB we are using, which has nothing to do with what you as the user see from a birds eye view. With the cone when using Manning he can see almost the whole field replicating his vision in real life compared to a tiny cone when using Rex Grosman. Rex just isn't going to see the field the way Manning does and the cone is the only way to show that. It doesn't matter what you see, it matters what kind of vision the QB has that your using.

Last edited by cedwebb; 04-02-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »