Home

What's the preference here folks.

This is a discussion on What's the preference here folks. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What's your preference?
Old Vision Cone 8 18.60%
Two Button Press Mechanism 14 32.56%
Leave it the way it is 21 48.84%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What's the preference here folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Just to clarify.... this is what the game is capable of as it is if the QB doesn't have to look at his target...at all.

Check out the SUCCESSFUL!?!?!?!? play at 57 secs...please....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDS4Aoa6QIU

play at 1:39 requires eyes in the back of your head that apparently have x-ray vision....but pressing the button once for a pass is ok...
i think this happens because we dont get penalized for it and 2nd people do it because of the unrealistic line play in the game i do it somtimes to avoid sacks
Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Use Fever's passing system! read and lead
Old 04-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Fever had a similar system to the two button deal. I'm open to a new mechanic. I don't really care for the cone.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #20
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmark
i think this happens because we dont get penalized for it and 2nd people do it because of the unrealistic line play in the game i do it somtimes to avoid sacks
When David Carr had a terrible line his first few seasons with the Texans he wasn't running all over the place like a little kid and passing to people that he couldn't possibly see.....he got sacked.

If people want to be able to avoid sacks with unrealistic gameplay then um.....why make anything realistic? Sacks are a part of the game, coverage sacks in the pocket are a part of the game. Avoiding a sack by looking at someone in the stands on the left side of the field....whirling around and passing towards the middle isn't realistic....looking at receivers running up the right side of the field and turning and throwing all in one motion to a guy running towards the left sideline isn't realistic.

If we're gonna sacrifice realism for functionality, shouldn't it be a cone on on the screen for the sake of realistic gameplay as opposed to the stupidest **** you've ever seen in terms of what QBs can do, to keep a visual off of your screen?

To me it seems like simple logic.

By the way, I'm for the two button system if anything. But don't try to rationalize the stuff in that video if the cone makes you uncomfortable....because seeing QB's who can see out the back of their head and helmet makes me extra uncomfortable.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
When David Carr had a terrible line his first few seasons with the Texans he wasn't running all over the place like a little kid and passing to people that he couldn't possibly see.....he got sacked.

If people want to be able to avoid sacks with unrealistic gameplay then um.....why make anything realistic? Sacks are a part of the game, coverage sacks in the pocket are a part of the game. Avoiding a sack by looking at someone in the stands on the left side of the field....whirling around and passing towards the middle isn't realistic....looking at receivers running up the right side of the field and turning and throwing all in one motion to a guy running towards the left sideline isn't realistic.

If we're gonna sacrifice realism for functionality, shouldn't it be a cone on on the screen for the sake of realistic gameplay as opposed to the stupidest **** you've ever seen in terms of what QBs can do, to keep a visual off of your screen?

To me it seems like simple logic.

By the way, I'm for the two button system if anything. But don't try to rationalize the stuff in that video if the cone makes you uncomfortable....because seeing QB's who can see out the back of their head and helmet makes me extra uncomfortable.
that is why i want the 2 button because it will force me to play the right way o line and d line interaction is key for it work right.....people know that the exploit is there so if it means not taking a sack you will throw to the other side bc you know the receiver will be there to bail you out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
2.) Some sort of mechanism where one button press makes the QB look at a receiver (either looking off a safety or identifying his target) and then another button press to actually throw the ball....essentially the same mechanic as the vision cone...just without the cone. (As suggested by Pnutt6)

I like that idea it will be much more realistic than 09 passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »