Home

Please Ian reconsider the Cone

This is a discussion on Please Ian reconsider the Cone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Please Ian reconsider the Cone

Can we have the QB Vision cone back? It was such an awesome feature, really made the QB position more vital. So many of us liked it, and it added a lot of realism and competition to the game! I am here still playing Madden 06 for Xbox 360 which a lot of people hated, but I love the QB Vision cone, in 09 you can still get away with dodgy passes on the run etc and again it just adds a bit of realism to it.

Best of regards

Cheers

(sorry should have posted in the wishlist part)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #2
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Please Ian reconsider the Cone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite_speed
Can we have the QB Vision cone back? It was such an awesome feature, really made the QB position more vital. So many of us liked it, and it added a lot of realism and competition to the game! I am here still playing Madden 06 for Xbox 360 which a lot of people hated, but I love the QB Vision cone, in 09 you can still get away with dodgy passes on the run etc and again it just adds a bit of realism to it.

Best of regards

Cheers

(sorry should have posted in the wishlist part)
Which is why this thread is as good as gone.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 AM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Which is why this thread is as good as gone.
It'll be gone because it's a "HEY IAN" thread, otherwise they'd just move it.

I'll throw my two cents in: I liked the cone, but there has got to be a better way to work awareness into the QBs game. We had a hell of a long discussion on this back before 09 dropped... I'm hoping Tiburon found something of value in there and incorporated something.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:47 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Sorry about the thread then, I guess that was the wrong way to address the situation. There may be better ways to work out QB awareness but why not incorporate the cone with that? Sooo many of us liked it, it'd be just great to have it there again.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Im willing to bet more people disliked it than liked it.

I thought it was okay, but definitely not anything special.

If they put it in, so be it, but not until everything else that is much more important is fixed. If its never put back in the game, Id be fine by that too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #6
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Yea this thread will be closed....

But the funny thing is...you can't really have a sim game without the cone because without it there's no real way to look off safties and manipulate linebackers to open up the zone they may have been patrolling....so.....if you want sim you really need a way to manipulate the defense with the QB's eyes right?

I mean..."see it on sundays, see it in Madden NFL" am I right?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Oh God, not this damn cone thing again. Its not SIM, period, since when did football games need this cone. We all praise the old Madden's and NFL2K5 and they didn't have the cone. It looks cheesy and cartoony. I guess for NBALive10 and NBA2K10 we need cone vision on the PG's too huh? I know some people like but this is supposed to be the year of no gimmicks, trick features, fluff, etc. Lets get back to playing straight up football again. Having a player with a flash light coming out of his head, does not look realistic, it looks cartoony. This will be the first year in a long time that we have the chance for Madden to be more SIM and realistic looking, the cone vision would be messing this up. Please someone close this thread and lets move on people.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Oh God, not this damn cone thing again. Its not SIM, period, since when did football games need this cone. We all praise the old Madden's and NFL2K5 and they didn't have the cone. It looks cheesy and cartoony. I guess for NBALive10 and NBA2K10 we need cone vision on the PG's too huh? I know some people like but this is supposed to be the year of no gimmicks, trick features, fluff, etc. Lets get back to playing straight up football again. Having a player with a flash light coming out of his head, does not look realistic, it looks cartoony. This will be the first year in a long time that we have the chance for Madden to be more SIM and realistic looking, the cone vision would be messing this up. Please someone close this thread and lets move on people.
Can you elaborate why its not sim? You only asserted thats its NOT sim, yet did not care to explain why you thought of this. Realistic QB is core to gameplay. It is not fluff.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »