Home

A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

This is a discussion on A thought on Madden 10's interceptions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

I know they've already stated that ratings are being done a bit differently this year. I'm actually really excited for that. My main problem is that INT's are way too frequent in Madden now, even with them being tuned down.

I was thinking the catch rating for each player on defense needs to be dropped AT LEAST 10 points, if not more. There's a reason these guys don't play WR.

The highest catch for any defensive player (IMO), should be no higher than 65. And even that is a stretch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

I think they're addressing this with the QB accuracy rating, If the ball isn't catchable no interception right?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

But then the defender would be dropping easy catches that they should be making, if they fix the problem with DB's and LB's jumping 10 feet across the field to pick a ball they never even saw then the int problem would be solved.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

hmmm there are some pretty spectacular ball hawks out there... but perhaps your average D player could have lower catch ratings I am sick of D. Ware covering my 4 wide receiver set 30-40 yards down field and leaping to make a pick infornt of my WR hes a pass rusher WTF!

What I really want is to have the (A) (swat) button have more importance in this years madden. I tend to give up more catches trying to user swat a pass then when I user pick a pass, which is sad it really should be the other way around.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigspigs76
hmmm there are some pretty spectacular ball hawks out there... but perhaps your average D player could have lower catch ratings I am sick of D. Ware covering my 4 wide receiver set 30-40 yards down field and leaping to make a pick infornt of my WR hes a pass rusher WTF!

What I really want is to have the (A) (swat) button have more importance in this years madden. I tend to give up more catches trying to user swat a pass then when I user pick a pass, which is sad it really should be the other way around.
I know exactly what you mean. Perhaps there could be a way to set up the ratings into tiers based on position.

For example: DB's catch won't go above 65. LB's catch won't go above 45. DL catch won't go above 25 (unless moved to OLB).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

They may not play WR, but if a ball goes is there to be caught, any Football Player will catch the ball.

I don't think the catching aspect of intercepts was the problem. It was the psychic abilities and superman abilities of LBs and DB's
Old 04-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
They may not play WR, but if a ball goes is there to be caught, any Football Player will catch the ball.

I don't think the catching aspect of intercepts was the problem. It was the psychic abilities and superman abilities of LBs and DB's
Yea I see what you're saying, and I do agree.

I just think that DB's in general have too high of a catch rating. Obviously there's going to be those situations that when the ball is thrown, in your mind you're like "that's getting picked off". And those are when the player SHOULD pick the ball off. It would be nice to occasionally see some dropped INT animations though.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Yea I see what you're saying, and I do agree.

I just think that DB's in general have too high of a catch rating. Obviously there's going to be those situations that when the ball is thrown, in your mind you're like "that's getting picked off". And those are when the player SHOULD pick the ball off. It would be nice to occasionally see some dropped INT animations though.
when your players drop picks, do you just feel like the wrong animation played? i know i do. it just never seems like player was at fault.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »