Home

A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

This is a discussion on A thought on Madden 10's interceptions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: A thought on Madden 10's interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
when your players drop picks, do you just feel like the wrong animation played? i know i do. it just never seems like player was at fault.
Yup, exactly. It'll hit them right in the hands, then fall to the ground. They seem almost statuesque.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
For example: DB's catch won't go above 65. LB's catch won't go above 45. DL catch won't go above 25 (unless moved to OLB).
What about the DBs and LBs with above average hands? It doesn't make sense to penalize all defensive players for something that could be corrected in other ways.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

The problem with the Defense is not catching to many passes, its that they have the athleticism of a WR or a TE to make catches. A DE or even a OG could make a Larry Fitzgerald grab in this game with ease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #12
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
The problem with the Defense is not catching to many passes, its that they have the athleticism of a WR or a TE to make catches. A DE or even a OG could make a Larry Fitzgerald grab in this game with ease.
That's what you call an exaggeration. lol...funny

I get your point though. In fact, I agree it's not catching abilities that I'm worried about. What bothers me, is seeing LB's and DE's dropping in zone and covering my TE's, then leaping in the air to catch my pass. Sure there are some athletic LB's out there, but plays like that should be the exception, not the norm.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Hopefully with procederal awarness, the new running animations, new attriubutes ratings and things, this will help out.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigspigs76
hmmm there are some pretty spectacular ball hawks out there... but perhaps your average D player could have lower catch ratings I am sick of D. Ware covering my 4 wide receiver set 30-40 yards down field and leaping to make a pick infornt of my WR hes a pass rusher WTF!

What I really want is to have the (A) (swat) button have more importance in this years madden. I tend to give up more catches trying to user swat a pass then when I user pick a pass, which is sad it really should be the other way around.

So you want to see ballhawk guys like Ed Reed at 65 CTH!? He is like a WR out there in deep zones!

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...R/ReedEd00.htm
Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
So you want to see ballhawk guys like Ed Reed at 65 CTH!? He is like a WR out there in deep zones!

Obviously he really doesn't, but he's just throwing a potentially Band-Aid solution to what has been a long standing issue with Madden.

Now when you guys can finally show us video examples of how various aspects of the game have been tuned/reanimated/recoded to naturally prevent the excess picks and pick opportunities, then no one will be clamoring for artificially low ratings.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore

APF 2K8 Reference much? lol... jk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »