Home
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #25
MVP
 
OVR: 39
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,912
Re: David Ortiz?

Yes but it's obvious he didn't have as much of a say in those installments of madden as he does now. Bottom line: when ortiz was at the helm, the game was an awful arcade version of football. With ian & phil, etc. The game is setting up to be the best yet.
sportzbro is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2005
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He was a programmer back then. This has already been explained by Phil and Ian.

You do what your bosses tell you to do, don't you?

If your bosses give you a deadline to get a job done, don't you do that?

Ian is in charge now, he wasn't back then.

My point was that he didn't work on 09, alright?
EXACTLY....They dont get it man...lol
djordan is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,699
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael
For the last time, Ian didn't work on 09. You showed a you tube of 08.

Ian has been employed by Tibouron for 8 or 9 yrs.

I'm just saying the team is new from 09 to 10. I didn't say anything about prior to 09, did I?

Wow.

Last edited by roadman; 04-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
roadman is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #28
Banned
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Who was I badmouthing? Show me one post I made when I put down Ian. show me a post where I said Madden was going to suck. Show me one post where I put down a developer. Explain how this post was belly-aching. Don't get mad because you feel guilty about putting down someone who ain't around to defend himself. all I meant by my post was we should stop bashing Ortiz and focus on the future, I don't know what you are talking about.
Where is David Ortiz....Ill tell him what I thought of his mediocre work.

He was the LEAD developer. Yes, they were all on the team, but that doesnt mean they had the control he had. Would you blame a Vice President of the US for mistakes that THE President made? Some, maybe, but in the end, its the presidents responsibility.

This is a new regime, and obviously a new direction. I was one of the biggest Madden naysayers for a few years. Thats not what this is about. In years past, we would hardly have any real info at this time. This year, we KNOW FOR A FACT that they are listening, and have already implemented alot of user feedback, so that alone is at least some reason to be somewhat optimistic. Im not saying people should praise the game or Ian and co. just yet, but damn, every time I see you post in a thread like this, you are either ranting about online franchises or being negative anytime anyone shows even the slightest optimism toward the game.

Like I said, Im not saying AT ALL that you should be optimistic about the game, but you dont need to cast a black cloud over anyone that is. And Im not talking about Madden fanboys who praise the game no matter what....I am talking about the guys who just want a good, next gen football sim and are optimistic because things are finally starting to look up for a change.
fourthreemafia is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #29
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,613
Blog Entries: 20
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's funny how everyone blames someone who is not around to defend themselves on anything that went wrong in the past. I see that type of weak sauce in corporate America all the time, but the bottom line is simple, no matter what you say about old boy the very same people who are developing the game now were around when Ortiz was here so what makes you think any changes in the game will be their sole responsibility or more due to the fact that EA increased production budgets, team members etc.
I've blamed him for years. It's his fault he never showed up to defend himself, not mine.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #30
Banned
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Dec 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Where is David Ortiz....Ill tell him what I thought of his mediocre work.

He was the LEAD developer. Yes, they were all on the team, but that doesnt mean they had the control he had. Would you blame a Vice President of the US for mistakes that THE President made? Some, maybe, but in the end, its the presidents responsibility.

This is a new regime, and obviously a new direction. I was one of the biggest Madden naysayers for a few years. Thats not what this is about. In years past, we would hardly have any real info at this time. This year, we KNOW FOR A FACT that they are listening, and have already implemented alot of user feedback, so that alone is at least some reason to be somewhat optimistic. Im not saying people should praise the game or Ian and co. just yet, but damn, every time I see you post in a thread like this, you are either ranting about online franchises or being negative anytime anyone shows even the slightest optimism toward the game.

Like I said, Im not saying AT ALL that you should be optimistic about the game, but you dont need to cast a black cloud over anyone that is. And Im not talking about Madden fanboys who praise the game no matter what....I am talking about the guys who just want a good, next gen football sim and are optimistic because things are finally starting to look up for a change.
Where in this thread did I do anything of that sort?

Ranting about online franchise I guess I agree, but most people here have soemthing they rant about all the time Guillotine = details with the towels etc, adembroski- headcoach and franchise, so me wanting online franchise is nothing to be worked about or even get upset over

As far as being negative, it's funny how you think it's cool to be overly optimistic but when I suggest maybe it should be otherwise, cautiously pessimistic should I say, people like you show up claiming who's a *****,who's negative,who shouldn't be posting here, and judging by the unfounded accusations you lvled against me, you have even began attributing behavioral characteristics to me that I don't exhibit. what's up with that mayne?

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 04-06-2009 at 12:27 PM.
FadeEmAll is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #31
MVP
 
RGiles36's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,866
Blog Entries: 2
Re: David Ortiz?

I sometimes wonder what Ortiz is up to nowadays. I'm not going to slander the man, but I'm curious if he ever roams the boards. For obvious reasons, I don't think he'd post under the name David Ortiz. He could be among us now for all we know . I'd like to get his side to the story as opposed to pinning everything on him. I know it's been mentioned that he talked down to the fanbase, but I'm a firm believer in two-sides to every story. None of the current EA staff has made him out to seem like a jackass.
__________________
Twitter
RGiles36 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #32
Rookie
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brighton
Re: David Ortiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Where in this thread did I do anything of that sort?

Ranting about online franchise I guess I agree, but most people here have soemthing they rant about all the time Guillotine = details with the towels etc, adembroski- headcoach and franchise, so me wanting online franchise is nothing to be worked about or even get upset over
Hmmmm. That got me thinking. I've not ranted about anything yet.

Looks like I'm out of the loop. Give me a few hours and I'll think of something.
Golden28 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 PM.

Top -