Home

New Blog Today: "We'll fix broke stuff"

This is a discussion on New Blog Today: "We'll fix broke stuff" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: New Blog Today: "We'll fix broke stuff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
I don't want to repeat myself in multiple threads, so in time I hope you find my post about my opinion about being positive vs being negative, etc.

Who cares about my post count? That doesn't mean anything. I have an opinion, just like you. I don't look at someone's post count and determine whether or not their opinion is credible or not.

If anything, us "Negative Nancies" are being more constructed than a lot of you combined.
I have nothing against your post count. We all started at one point. There just seems to be a trend of late. Take a look at the "negative" posts in this Madden forum alone. They are from new guys that wanna rant with nothing to add. I understand that everybody has an opinion, but saying "we'll fix broke stuff" gets old. How can YOU make it better? What can YOU say to Ian and the crew that'll have them thinking "Hmmm that's a good idea". That's all I'm sayin'.

Imagine being at a party when a guy steps in and says "Damn, this house is too small!!", "Damn, where's the food!!"

It's not gonna be too long before somebody says "TAKE YO A$* HOME!!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I have nothing against your post count. We all started at one point. There just seems to be a trend of late. Take a look at the "negative" posts in this Madden forum alone. They are from new guys that wanna rant with nothing to add. I understand that everybody has an opinion, but saying "we'll fix broke stuff" gets old. How can YOU make it better? What can YOU say to Ian and the crew that'll have them thinking "Hmmm that's a good idea". That's all I'm sayin'.

Imagine being at a party when a guy steps in and says "Damn, this house is too small!!", "Damn, where's the food!!"

It's not gonna be too long before somebody says "TAKE YO A$* HOME!!"
I understand what you mean. However, I have contributed to the Wishlist forum, but I guess people are more likely to pounce on someone's negative opinion than to commend them for their contributions.

I'm not directing that message at you, just speaking in general.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

I admit that I am in sort of a bad mood after reading the blog, and I might sound a bit ignorant with all the crying, but I believe that I have mentioned a lot of things that could make the game better.

Better special teams play
Actual use of dual running backs in many systems.
'Clutch' ratings
WR/DB positioning being a huge part of the catch, opposed to ratings.
Speed ratings, in general.

A lot of things, but as a franchise player, I constantly play seasons over and over again, and it irritates me to see things like Peyton Manning being a Free Agent, and for them to say 'We'll work on that', just isn't enough for me, PERSONALLY. That sort of thing should go unspoken. I expect them to fix that, they don't have to tell me.

I can't speak for others here, including the 'ESPN 2k fanboys' the 'EA fanboys', etc.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
At first I really thought this team was really revamping the game, but now I feel like I'm going to have to pay $59.99 for a patch and roster update. Why don't they just come up right and say "Sorry, guys, but you want start seeing stuff that should of been in the game five years ago until Madden 12. Please buy Madden 10 anyway!"
DEAR ECHOPAX,
a. THIS IS THE FIRST FRANCHISE BLOG.
b. TODAY'S DATE IS APRIL 6.

Last year, on June 17, this blog was released in regards to Franchise mode for Madden NFL 09: http://games.easports.com/madden09/f...hise_statsblog

If on June 17th, 2009, this is all the information you have seen, I would be able to understand your worries of paying $60 for a roster update and patches. But until then...please...I beg you...take a deep breath, and walk away from the ledge my man. I just can't stand to see you this way.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 04-06-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
I understand what you mean. However, I have contributed to the Wishlist forum, but I guess people are more likely to pounce on someone's negative opinion than to commend them for their contributions.

I'm not directing that message at you, just speaking in general.
I see what you're saying too. It just gets frustrating seeing a page of "Look at me! I'm unhappy!" "No! Look at me. I'm even more unhappy!" threads on the same topic. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to the developers.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
DEAR ECHOPAX,
Owned by Ian... In caps
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
DEAR ECHOPAX,

Last year, on June 17, this blog was released in regards to Franchise mode for Madden NFL 09: http://games.easports.com/madden09/f...hise_statsblog

If on June 17th, 2009, this is all the information you have seen, I would be able to understand your worries of paying $60 for a roster update and patches. But until then...please...I beg you...take a deep breath, and walk away from the ledge my man. I just can't stand to see you this way.

But I have no place else to go!

I'm holding you true to June 17th, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Re-read the blog, hoping I overreacted to everything, but there are still a lot of things that irritate me, to say the least.

Logic being the foundation is a smart move. Releasing a star player for no reason makes no sense, and them fixing that is a gimme. I just personally thought it could have gone unsaid.

They mentioned the scouting system was going to be revamped. At first I thought this was great, but then they perceed to say they will just keep the comments system and make the broader, giving the AWR example. Bad move, imo, but that is just MY opinion, not everybodys.

Another thing was the hidden potential in players, where as no matter how well you play with someone, if you run for 2200 yards in a year, he won't ever be a 99, because 'it wasn't meant to be'.

The example I threw out there was Marques Colston, me being a Saints fan. When he was drafted, noone in the league would have said he could be one of the best WRs in the league, and over a 2 year period, he set NFL records. Same goes for Tom Brady.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »