Home
View Poll Results: random rookies should be a option to use in franchise mode
I agree 17 58.62%
I disagree 12 41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #17
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
this still doesnt stop the problem of their being spoilers in a sports game...Look the draft with Joe Smith as the best player has this sleeper here and this bust here...That is the future of the OS under this pre-made system.
You know, I have found that a very good system for avoiding learning things I don't want to know about a draft class is to not read threads that look like they will have these spoilers.
kcarr is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #18
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
You know, I have found that a very good system for avoiding learning things I don't want to know about a draft class is to not read threads that look like they will have these spoilers.
Yes all you have to do is not look at them but the fact that they exist is what baffles me. A sports game should NEVER have a guide that tells you this is what the game is and will be.
Glorious Arc is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 AM   #19
Pro
 
brza37's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
this still doesnt stop the problem of their being spoilers in a sports game...Look the draft with Joe Smith as the best player has this sleeper here and this bust here...That is the future of the OS under this pre-made system.
True, but I think thats a small price to pay for realistic draft classes with the potential for background stories and an immersive franchise mode.
And for those who are against it the ncaa import option is also there.
__________________

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
brza37 is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #20
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Yes all you have to do is not look at them but the fact that they exist is what baffles me. A sports game should NEVER have a guide that tells you this is what the game is and will be.
While I don't read these guides they exist for every game. It is just the way things are. Even if the classes are random there will still be threads about how to take advantage of other glitches or problems or whatever. I would rather have those threads exist and not read them than have to deal with seeing QBs projected undrafted being drafted in the 1st round and seeing 17 QBs taken in the first round, and seeing the first MLB going in the 3rd or 4th round and other crazy stuff we see happen with the current system.
kcarr is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #21
MVP
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
True, but I think thats a small price to pay for realistic draft classes with the potential for background stories and an immersive franchise mode.
And for those who are against it the ncaa import option is also there.
So you are saying to have a different type of draft tehn what the devs make I should have to spend $60 to get it? Thats a horrible price to pay just for different draft classes...
Glorious Arc is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 05:33 AM   #22
Banned
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Redding California
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
this still doesnt stop the problem of their being spoilers in a sports game...Look the draft with Joe Smith as the best player has this sleeper here and this bust here...That is the future of the OS under this pre-made system.
the other thing is is after i play about 10 franchises i will be able to remember what players are good,great,sleepers,and bust just by remembering specific info about these players the name can be change school height and weight and i will still know what players will be the best to pick.

untill EA make a brainwashing memory erasing machine addition for madden nfl 10 pre-created rookies is a BUST
SomeStrangeSin is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #23
Banned
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Redding California
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
While I don't read these guides they exist for every game. It is just the way things are. Even if the classes are random there will still be threads about how to take advantage of other glitches or problems or whatever. I would rather have those threads exist and not read them than have to deal with seeing QBs projected undrafted being drafted in the 1st round and seeing 17 QBs taken in the first round, and seeing the first MLB going in the 3rd or 4th round and other crazy stuff we see happen with the current system.
umm that is not the problem the problem that causes that is draft logic. so a team has a 98 rated qb and two 70 rated DE's and they have the first pick in the draft the best player is a qb a few running backs and receivers the best de is projected to be drafted later in the middle round what i want to see that team trade down there number one pick for other picks soo they can get the best projected de in the draft and have more picks for that year or a few for next years draft.
the problem is ea never addressed thos issues and josh said they have fixed that where there will be no team drafting a qb when they dont need one.
random creating of rookies is not the problem if josh fixed the draft logic then it would work just as good as pre-created rookies. but without the same thing over and over and over.

Last edited by SomeStrangeSin; 04-07-2009 at 05:42 AM.
SomeStrangeSin is offline  
Old 04-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #24
Pro
 
brza37's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: petition for random created rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
So you are saying to have a different type of draft tehn what the devs make I should have to spend $60 to get it? Thats a horrible price to pay just for different draft classes...
Dude, the internet. Its free.
You won't have to buy NCAA. The day after NCAA 10 comes out there will be tons of draft classes uploaded. It happens every year. Among other places you can find them here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tball-rosters/
Just look for draft classes.
__________________

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
brza37 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Top -