Home

EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

This is a discussion on EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
I honestly can't say that I don't have a little smirk over this. I just can't remember the last quality title EA put out. Their sports games have been terrible. And, with lackluster releases like Battlefield and Army of Two, even. I guess Mirror's Edge is new, and innovative good stuff, although, I didn't purchase it.

And I know EA is simply a publisher for some of their titles, but still, to even put out such horrendous gaming, I just really don't like them anymore. I think they acquired Bioware (Mass Effect), and I hope they don't screw that amazing game up.

They seem to be yet another empire that's lost focus on quality, and only cares about green. I feel sorry for those losing their jobs, although, some maybe contributed to the horrible gaming I speak of. I'm all for capitalism. But don't just steal my money. At least put out a quality product I can consider.
If I was the employees at EA and had the knowledge on how to make a game I would try and get everyone together that lost there job and create there own Company. They would all get a share and since they know the in's and out's of Madden they could easily exceed what there previous company did.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #122
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
When people like yourself start questioning the reason why nobody TRUST EA is when I start questioning your logic. You must have gotten a different game than everyone else who played Madden LOL.
Who said anything about people not trusting EA? Did you read my post at all? I was responding to the guy stating that it was a waste of money flying in 8 guys to test the game. I have no problem with people's lack of trust in EA. That's their choice. But when you start questioning the "more than obvious" benefits of the community day, I felt compelled to reply.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #123
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Who said anything about people not trusting EA? Did you read my post at all? I was responding to the guy stating that it was a waste of money flying in 8 guys to test the game. I have no problem with people's lack of trust in EA. That's their choice. But when you start questioning the "more than obvious" benefits of the community day, I felt compelled to reply.
The community day and the people who went were all good choices but.......

After careful consideration I am compelled to think it was another endeavor to get people hyped using there own kind. I am very much hoping that Madden far exceeds any football game ever put out. I would love to use the Seahawks in Madden 10 and have fun in it but if it is the same **** like in the past it will be a disappointment once again.

Madden sales more games off of Hype and I hope this was not what Ian and company was trying to do.

I am hoping for the best but I am prepared for the worse.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #124
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1DR03L3KTRIC
I am sure you think that was a great way to spend $25,000+
very good example of careless spending. When you're company has spent the last 25 years making the same game, the last thing you need is "the elite 8" telling you how to perfect it// I dont recall games like GTA4/Fallout/Little big Plane/MLB 09 the show, these companies dont fly in fans of the game to confer about it. The best part about it is that those games have'nt been in production for half of the time Madden has.
LOL oh please. Your post is flawed in so many ways that I don't even know where to start and therefore it would be a waste of time trying to get through to you.

Man what the heck is wrong with some of you guys? lol
Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #125
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Who cares how much it cost EA? Since when did we start caring about the cost of what it takes to improve our favorite game?
I agree with you G2.

I certainly don't care one bit how much it cost EA to improve Madden. In fact...maybe it's time for EA to start spending more resources on the game. With games like MLB "The Show", making Madden look silly in comparison.

Even sport games in EA's own lineup seem to be blowing past Madden....like NHL '09'. In quality and innovation. It sounds like at long last, Madden may be getting the upgrades it's sorely been needing, to compete with some of these other sport games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 5

expect the worse so you wont be disappointed
Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #127
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
The community day and the people who went were all good choices but.......

After careful consideration I am compelled to think it was another endeavor to get people hyped using there own kind. I am very much hoping that Madden far exceeds any football game ever put out. I would love to use the Seahawks in Madden 10 and have fun in it but if it is the same **** like in the past it will be a disappointment once again.

Madden sales more games off of Hype and I hope this was not what Ian and company was trying to do.

I am hoping for the best but I am prepared for the worse.
Well that is your opinion, and I respect it.

I will disagree though. Was this a PR move by EA to get people excited about M10? We don't know. However what we do know is that they chose guys that know their stuff, guys that are very detailed and know the in's and outs of football. Your theory would have made sense in the past. Because back then, they used to bring in the "yes men" and the Madden fans. If you research some of those 8 guys, they've been some of the EA's toughest critics.

They all have come back feeling extremely confident that the game will live up to our expectations. Am I cautiously optimistic? Sure, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the game is going to be the best football game ever. But I believe the community day event was a little more than just marketing trying to build hype.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #128
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I agree with you G2.

I certainly don't care one bit how much it cost EA to improve Madden. In fact...maybe it's time for EA to start spending more resources on the game. With games like MLB "The Show", making Madden look silly in comparison.

Even sport games in EA's own lineup seem to be blowing past Madden....like NHL '09'. In quality and innovation. It sounds like at long last, Madden may be getting the upgrades it's sorely been needing, to compete with some of these other sport games.
If the game cost $20, I might be sympathetic. Last year I paid $90 just to get a so called "play editor" that was beyond garbage.

So I agree, we should not give a rat's ess what it costs EA, they owe the fans more for what we have paid.

Every time WE buy the game WE are paying THEM to improve the game. If they won't, then it's all-go for Back Breaker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »