Home

So what did you like about Madden from 2006-2009?

This is a discussion on So what did you like about Madden from 2006-2009? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: So what did you like about Madden from 2006-2009?

the graphics..that's it..and without question, id trade them for 05's franchise

06-09 was/is full of fail

Last edited by tooldude79; 04-20-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
Key features of Madden 07 [...]that is 3 years of features, and I think Ian will crush all this one one cycle.
Er... I'm just checking but... Do you LIKE all of these things? Or did you simply copy and past the features from the back of the box...

90% of these things had already been done before, or didn't really add anything to the core gameplay... In fact, bringing most of these things up "post" release only does one thing, show the hype generated false expectations of the gaming community as whole...

Lead Blocker Control = Useless feature which excuses poor lineman AI.

NFL Superstar: Hall of Fame Mode = Useless game mode which was only designed in my opinion as a means of distracting gamers from the poor core gameplay.

Run Like the Players Run with the All-New Highlight Stick = Redundent feature already present in 2k5, AND didn't really change the running game as much as they said it would.

Team-Specific Defensive Playbooks = The fact that this is even listed as a feature is funny... Imagine playing D like the team you're playing as... Mind blowing!

Online Play = Disgruntaled players around the world marvel at the birth of an entierly new level of game glitching and cheesing.

[...] (XBOX 360 only) = None of these can truely be concidered true features as they did not get implemented into all version of the game...

Read and React = And so begins the dumbing down of Madden for the masses. Might as well just say "Don't know anything about football... No problem, it doesn't matter, we'll show you who's who, and what's what... See those guys with the winged feet, they're the best in the game!"

All-New Front Office Mode = Hey! Wait... Wasn't this last gen stuff that by all rights should have been in next gen stuff?

Your Ring of a Champion = WTF... Who cares, unless it came with an attachment that would spit the damn thing out, or you could print out a UPC or something that you could then mail in and they would send you one... Who cares...

Madden Unmatched = All of these things listed under this heading nearly killed the game to the point of unplayability.

Level the playing field = Annoying as all hell and never used in multiplayer games. Also only did about 10% of what is was supposed to do...

Most authentic gameplay ever + A new look and feel = An example of what these meant in the end "Hey, look at my right hand (Madden 08), look at my left hand (Madden 09), it's different!" Different yes, but they're still just hands and nothing more... One could argue that one is left and one is right handed... The left one has a ring, the right one doesn't... And that's about where the real differences stop.

Online leagues 2.0 = Second verse same as the first, a little bit longer and a little bit worse...

Beyond broadcast presentation = If TV persentations of the NFL looked like this, the game would have never became what it is today and we wouldn't even be having this conversation...

As for the comment about Ian blowing it all away, I seriously hope so... That being said, I'm afraid that anything he does this year will be viewed more like "It's about time!" and that will over shadow the bang up job he and his team will likely have done in order to get the game up to par with what it should be and should have been for the past five years... Like putting an air bag in a car that doesn't already have one, but really should since all the other ones already have had em for years.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

In madden 06 I liked the superstar mode, the fake company endorsements you could get, the better crib you get when you become a better player, etc. I thought they would've continued on that, like have a open world feel to it or you'll at least be able to walk around in your crib but they took all of that out lol

Next Up: Godfather 2, Modern Warfare 2, Madden'10, NCAAF'10, This is Vegas
, Mafia 2, UFC'09, Left 4 Dead & many more

PS3 coming soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 05:32 AM   #12
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

I enjoyed Madden the most during the X-Box, PS2 years. The next gen Madden games, not so much.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:55 AM   #13
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The grass in '09.
The size of the field (more realistic than APF2K8 / 2K5)
The way HBs finish their runs (though needs tuned, but far better than A, A, A in 2Ks games).
The music (best in a sports game IMHO)

Sadly, that's about it.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

The grass in 09 sucked. Its no where near green enough. FIFA has way better grass.

I love histick though. Branching animations are awesome.

And the Generation 3 playbook in Madden 09.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

The passing cone.

...and they removed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Graphics.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »