Home

Old 04-21-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Bea utiful

Grass for M10 looks so much lovelier and real. And GREEN. Omg green grass lol.

Why on earth is there so much black on the grass in 09 confounds me.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think they made every stadium have astrotruf and made them all have a ton of the black rubber balls.

― Plato
Old 04-21-2009, 03:18 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I really do not like the lighting in all of these screenshots. Just look at the images you posted.. so nice and bright.. Madden is so dimly lit :/
Old 04-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

One thing I have noticed is that Madden just looks plain dark now. Is their no sunlight in Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

I think they are moving and the right direction with madden,I'm all about detail and gameplay.The info coming out about the game is refreshing.I hope they put in Transitional lighting (like MLB the Show).

Cincy still open.

Last edited by Da Bears; 04-21-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

I honestly see no difference in the grass color in those photos. The new ones just look affected by DOE but that's it.

They've gotta get greener and change the lighting system. I'm sorry, but the lighting system has been weak starting with the 08's games. These things in the Alpha were still in development so I have no idea what it will look like in 10, but I know 09's just wasn't there.

It looks better on a CRT because you get better color and deeper blacks on a CRT, but even there it's still not what it should be. The bottom line is that the best lighting they ever had was with Madden 07. I imagine that there is a technical hurdle to using that system again, but it really bugs me to know that a 3 year old game was far more advanced in something so important to the overall picture.

Also, the grass color back with the 07 games was really good. What they're using right now for grass is like a photo (it's 2D) and the lighting seems fixed to the environment. So in that case, I don't know why they didn't just copy 07's, take a 2D snap and work off of that. I'd rather have 07's lighting even if it doesn't progress, and at least back then we never complained about the grass color because there was really nothing to complain about. There is no question that it looks more detailed now since 09, but the argument is that it is perhaps TOO detailed, over-detailed, and the color is off.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 04-21-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I honestly see no difference in the grass color in those photos. The new ones just look affected by DOE but that's it.

They've gotta get greener and change the lighting system. I'm sorry, but the lighting system has been weak starting with the 08's games. These things in the Alpha were still in development so I have no idea what it will look like in 10, but I know 09's just wasn't there.

It looks better on a CRT because you get better color and deeper blacks on a CRT, but even there it's still not what it should be. The bottom line is that the best lighting they ever had was with Madden 07. I imagine that there is a technical hurdle to using that system again, but it really bugs me to know that a 3 year old game was far more advanced in something so important to the overall picture.

Also, the grass color back with the 07 games was really good. What they're using right now for grass is like a photo (it's 2D) and the lighting seems fixed to the environment. So in that case, I don't know why they didn't just copy 07's, take a 2D snap and work off of that. I'd rather have 07's lighting even if it doesn't progress, and at least back then we never complained about the grass color because there was really nothing to complain about. There is no question that it looks more detailed now since 09, but the argument is that it is perhaps TOO detailed, over-detailed, and the color is off.
Did you talk to anyone on community day about it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »