Home

Madden 10 Problematic Running Animations

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Problematic Running Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 10 Problematic Running Animations

The knees should not go above the waist !

I just don't understand it Ian,

When I look at willie parker run's straight up with his legs and hip so stiff like a robot. I just don't understand it, when a person runs they lean over and their head leads the way. Look at NBA 2k9 basketball players. they are light years ahead of you guys, that's why NBA Live has failed. You have to keep the RB leaning forward, its like there running while sitting in a chair. Players legs don't move that slow and that high. Keep the players low and Are you guys using humans for the motion caption or a computer ?

I think you guys stop using humans for next gen. Because I just played Ps2 Madden and they are very human like running motion. I would really like to know if your company has stop using pro players like you use to use or is this just a running program. if that's a program you guys really need to start bringing players in.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 11

Players running need to be lower when they're close to contact. Running backs with the ball should try to get low if they're running up the middle. If a RB ran upright he'd be asking to get knocked out. If there's an all out sprint to the endzone, the players should be fairly upright but knees have to be lower than they currently are.

It seems right now as though they only have one running animation, I'm fairly sure a speed wr and cb would run differently to a 300+ pound lineman.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
No your right, I apologize. I am very upset though... I just feel like for the last five years my favorite sport has been absent from video games and its PURE frustration. I'll stop.. thanx man
I know exactly where that comes from bro...I aint mad at ya cause I too feel often like ripping the game...The reality is if we attempt to give them constructive, well thought out opinions and examples we may be more likely to get the changes...In our lifetime.

I say in our lifetime because I'm beginning to think I will never see a game that will capture my imagination and have the fun factor that NFL2k5 gave us back in 04...Even in the midst of NFL2k5 I was still a Madden dude thinking 2k5 was paving the way for a new era in Madden...But much to my surprise here we are 6 years later still comparing Madden 10 to 2k5...Mind boggling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Two things.

Backs are stiff and straight, they should be arched and leaning forward.

Knee lift is far too high. Knees are almost 90 degrees, even Usain Bolt can't run with such perfect form. Reduce knee lift by 20%. Looks like the 'high knees' warm up.
I agree with the height of the knees BUT i heard from Ademroski who wen to the community day, said that the players don't actually stay in that running animation for a long time, they actually run like that for a few seconds then change into a different, more smooth running animation....
Old 04-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I know exactly where that comes from bro...I aint mad at ya cause I too feel often like ripping the game...The reality is if we attempt to give them constructive, well thought out opinions and examples we may be more likely to get the changes...In our lifetime.

I say in our lifetime because I'm beginning to think I will never see a game that will capture my imagination and have the fun factor that NFL2k5 gave us back in 04...Even in the midst of NFL2k5 I was still a Madden dude thinking 2k5 was paving the way for a new era in Madden...But much to my surprise here we are 6 years later still comparing Madden 10 to 2k5...Mind boggling
Jetpac &dat swag, I completely feel you guys.
You know what's really sad, is that we have to point this out to them, like they don't have eyes & can't see it! Like they don't have (or can't get) qualified individuals on their payroll, who understand the laws of physics, & can implement them into madden. All the money they have, or should I say had, being they have spent a couple BILLION dollars so that they can completely OWN videogame football. They have no motivation or reason to improve or innovate, & why should they. . .they will sell 4 million copies next year, & every year. It's one thing for us to give helpful suggestions & feedback, & another for us to be totally making the game for them for free!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Backs are too straight!
They should be lower to the grounds...
Old 04-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #15
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

there is already an animations thread active
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »